Contribute
Register

Cyprien's Powermac g5 mod (with 2x200mm fan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The speed of those fans are between 600-1000RPM, they don't spinn really fast but they are really silent and as they are so huge it moves as much air as the 120mm fans.

Edit: And it is't a problem to have these big intake fans because on the back there are a lot of holes (and the two 80mm fans) and the air can also go to the top of the case and go out from that part :D

cyprien1995 said:
The speed of those fans are between 600-1000RPM, they don't spinn really fast but they are really silent and as they are so huge it moves as much air as the 120mm fans.

Edit: And it is't a problem to have these big intake fans because on the back there are a lot of holes (and the two 80mm fans) and the air can also go to the top of the case and go out from that part :D

awesome, great info! Your rig looks very nice!

Thanks,
I think it isn't really hard to do this mod, you just need a bit precision for the alu cutting part.
And for the PSU mod you just need to be careful to solder +to+ -to- and ground to ground and some other little things...

cyprien1995 said:
Thanks,
I think it isn't really hard to do this mod, you just need a bit precision for the alu cutting part.
And for the PSU mod you just need to be careful to solder +to+ -to- and ground to ground and some other little things...

I'll probably be making a custom PSU housing out of aluminum sheeting that's a little more streamline and fits the motif of my build, but the concept is the same. I have all the tools and the know-how to make the mods, just never the time! :lol:

zpowell1 said:
cyprien1995 said:
Thanks,

I'll probably be making a custom PSU housing out of aluminum sheeting that's a little more streamline and fits the motif of my build, but the concept is the same. I have all the tools and the know-how to make the mods, just never the time! :lol:

Great idea, post some pics of you work when you've finished :D I'm looking forward to make new mod powermac g5 mod and to give my actual hackintosh my brother.

cyprien1995 said:
zpowell1 said:
cyprien1995 said:
Great idea, post some pics of you work when you've finished :D I'm looking forward to make new mod powermac g5 mod and to give my actual hackintosh my brother.

I've got a thread around here somewhere......

Here it is (http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=46064). I havent updated in a while because, well, I havent been able to work on it much.

I have got my custom backplate on, but I'm going to lump that update in with the fans, whenever I get them. Keep an eye on it, I think its going to look good! It looks a bit different than most of the other ones I've seen around here.

cyprien1995 said:
Yes, I've already seen it, good work :thumbup: with the "Simpsons" apple logo on the case lol

haha. yeah, I thought it was fitting. I just ordered my fans, so they should be here soon. Keep an eye on the thread for the update! and once again, great job on the G5!

Re: Cyprien's Powermac g5 mod (2x200mm fan) *April UPDATE*

Hi, here are my last progresses in my mod:
-Added an IR board, it was quite easy to install,
-Bought a second powermac to mod it for my brother when the ivy bridge cpus are available,
-Modded a second psu, out can see it in the background on DSC04184.jpg, I haven't put any image of it because it's the same mod than the first.
I'll update the post a second time in may to add the pics of my next mod which I'll do without the MM motherboard tray.

Attachments

• DSC04184.JPG
    DSC04184.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 253
  • DSC04185.JPG
    DSC04185.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 246
  • DSC04186.JPG
    DSC04186.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 244
  • DSC04187.JPG
    DSC04187.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 238
what did you use to mount the mobo tray? did you just screw it to the alu on the back or did you jbweld it to the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back