Contribute
Register

CustoMac Pro Install Guide (X58A-UD3R+ATI 5770+10.6.7+64bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CustoMac Pro Install Guide (X58A-UD3R+ATI 5770+10.6.6+64bit)

cool! thank you for the link. I'll give it a try with the new stuff!

being my first hackintosh attempt, does it worth the time? I mean, you get any troubles using such config/build for everyday usage? :headbang:

sq.

No issues at all - rock solid and super quick !

I'm using the identical setup to notshy's, apart from my 5770 is made by XFX.

Couple of tips for people that may be experiencing problems with the initial boot:

1) When you've first booted into iBoot, and have inserted the Max OSX remember to hit F5 so that it refreshes the Drive and displays "Max OSX" under the image of the disk. If you don't do this, it'll come up with an Apple looking error straight after hitting enter.

2) I kept getting kernel panics until I disabled the GSATA and eSATA ports in the BIOS. I also made sure that I only had 1 DVD Drive and 1 Hard Drive plugged in. And they were in SATA0 and SATA1 respectively. The Kernal panic (not in verbose mode) showed up as a no entry (no-entry) sign when booting, above the Apple Logo.

3) I got Kernal Panics booting with -v, though without it worked perfectly. So if you're having problems whilst using -v, try without!

Hi guys and Mr. notshy,

I really need your help with this issue, please I just installed SL on my New Hdd. Everything went smooth. Once that the system boots it hangs on the Apple logo
loading indefinitely.Followed your guide step by step according your instructions
I also set up multibeast same as you did.I am using Iboot 3.0.4 Multibeast 3.7.2 version. The only way i can get into SL is typing GraphicsEnabler=No with the iboot disc or without but need to type "GraphicsEnabler=No" Always. I have only 1 hdd, no other input
devices other than mouse and keyboard,
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit
GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R ver 2.00, dsdt ff as my bios firmware
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB. I believe there's just one little thing I am missing please help me to make it work. Are there any adittional settings I need to modify cause the multibeast version???

thanks in advance

notshy said:
@prog - that doesn't look like a happy install.

Try booting using iBoot and then Snow Leopard DVD and then open Disk Utility and then hit Repair Disk on your main SL boot drive.

If that doesn't work then I'd suggest a fresh install on a NEW hard drive. I'd see if you can get a cheap 20GB+ SATA hard drive - maybe second hand or speak to your local computer shop nicely or just get a new one but don't worry about size too much.

Then unplug the current boot HD and plug in your new one and try to install SL again from scratch on that HD. Then if that boots fine, then you can plug in your old SL install disk but make sure that you set your boot priority to the new SL disk in BIOS and boot to that. Then when in SL try to back up your files from the old SL disk. If your new SL disk is too small then you could try creating a new partition on the old one and copying all the files into that partition and then you can re-install SL to the 1st partition on that old HD.

I have a second HD with multiple versions of OSX installed to different partitions to test out updates and edits/tweaks before rolling it out to my main SL install. Plus it serves as a good back up/recovery boot so that I can still get in to a version of OSX.

Sorry for the delay. I borrowed a 1tb green caviar, installed SL and got on working (almost never turned off the computer in weeks, just in case this happened). Now I'm having the same problem as before, can't boot into into SL. I'm getting the same "can't repair volume" message (in verbose mode), though this time it's a different hdd.

I don't know what can be wrong....I've followed the guide religiously :S

@prog
Can you boot with iBood and repair with Snow Leopard disk?

Can anyone help me , please or should I be in a different section??

Thanks

z3u4r5dok said:
Can anyone help me , please or should I be in a different section??

Thanks
You have a 6870??
Did you check off the same exact things in Multibeast as in the first post's picture?

If you did then you need to go back into Multibeast and check System utlilties again along with ATI drivers. That will be in the Graphics part.

Yes i do have a SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6870 1GB, indeed check off the same exact things in Multibeast as in the first post's picture as notshy did. I'll go back to Multibeast and check System utlilties again along with ATI drivers as suggested. I'll post results.

Thanks

z3u4r5dok said:
Yes i do have a SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6870 1GB, indeed check off the same exact things in Multibeast as in the first post's picture as notshy did. I'll go back to Multibeast and check System utlilties again along with ATI drivers as suggested. I'll post results.

Thanks
I have the card is why. You need the ATI checked off and 32 or 64 bit boot screen.
Not the graphics enabler no ones. Because you want graphics enabler for Chimera boot loader to get you 6870 read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back