Contribute
Register

CustoMac Pro Install Guide (X58A-UD3R+ATI 5770+10.6.7+64bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CustoMac Pro Install Guide (X58A-UD3R+ATI 5770+10.6.6+64bit)

eelhead said:
@prog
Can you boot with iBood and repair with Snow Leopard disk?

Haven't tried yet (I'm not at home), but last time this happened it couldn't be repaired like that. Actually, I think fsck is the same as Disk Utility. Will try it tomorrow, though.

Thanks for the reply.

eelhead said:
z3u4r5dok said:
Yes i do have a SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6870 1GB, indeed check off the same exact things in Multibeast as in the first post's picture as notshy did. I'll go back to Multibeast and check System utlilties again along with ATI drivers as suggested. I'll post results.

Thanks
I have the card is why. You need the ATI checked off and 32 or 64 bit boot screen.
Not the graphics enabler no ones. Because you want graphics enabler for Chimera boot loader to get you 6870 read.

I did what you suggested. Still hangs on the apple logo after trying to load the apple icon, the monitor goes totally off. The computer is on but the monitor goes completely off. No video at all. Still the only way to get in to SL in typing GraphicsEnabler= No, Once I'm in SL also realized that the screen resolution changed for better but still can not boot in to SL without typing GraphicsEnabler= No, Can you please explain in detail what are the options that you checked off. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance

z3u4r5dok said:
eelhead said:
z3u4r5dok said:
Yes i do have a SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6870 1GB, indeed check off the same exact things in Multibeast as in the first post's picture as notshy did. I'll go back to Multibeast and check System utlilties again along with ATI drivers as suggested. I'll post results.

Thanks
I have the card is why. You need the ATI checked off and 32 or 64 bit boot screen.
Not the graphics enabler no ones. Because you want graphics enabler for Chimera boot loader to get you 6870 read.

I did what you suggested. Still hangs on the apple logo after trying to load the apple icon, the monitor goes totally off. The computer is on but the monitor goes completely off. No video at all. Still the only way to get in to SL in typing GraphicsEnabler= No, Once I'm in SL also realized that the screen resolution changed for better but still can not boot in to SL without typing GraphicsEnabler= No, Can you please explain in detail what are the options that you checked off. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance
Check out the multibeast setting I posted here;
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21875&start=20

I will do right away

Now I am getting error...?????

Attachments

• linas 015.JPG
    linas 015.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 127
  • linas 010.JPG
    linas 010.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 122

Are you checking off the same ones on the other thread I posted?
Because if you are and checking off the DSDT one with none present on the desktop you will get an error.

Yes I do and I also have a dsdt file "aml file" present on the desktop

z3u4r5dok said:

You don't have easybeast checked as well do you? Because those are the same settings Budda used in that thread and he had no issues with installation failed message.
I even used the same settings. Im not sure if you have something else set up some where different. The specs in you have under your user name are the ones your trying to install on?

All I can say is maybe start over, with a fresh install and reformat drive and use those settings.

eelhead said:
z3u4r5dok said:

You don't have easybeast checked as well do you? Because those are the same settings Budda used in that thread and he had no issues with installation failed message.
I even used the same settings. Im not sure if you have something else set up some where different. The specs in you have under your user name are the ones your trying to install on?

All I can say is maybe start over, with a fresh install and reformat drive and use those settings.

I do not have easybeast checked off that is for sure, Don't know why I am getting this message over and over don't know either why my monitor goes off without no video at all.. The specs are the same as the ones I have under my user name that is right with the only difference that I am using the requirements that are posted in tonymacx86 including the Bios settings only 4 gbs of ram, no other devices connected, etc.... Is there any way to undo all that multibeast has done without reinstalling the SL from scratch???
Everything is working fine internet, sound everything the only problem I am facing is that I cannot boot to SL automatically only using GraphicsEnabler= No.

Thanks for all your help...

I did performed every step by step in detail and carefully wipe out the hdd reformatted and reinstalled everything back again.. Still the same problem.... Apple logo hangs on the loading , dvi no signal and again the monitor goes completely off... I also checked the boot list because I'm using a dsdt file and everything seems to be right. Please I really need your help...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back