Contribute
Register

CustoMac Mini 2013: GA-H87N-WIFI - Core i3-4340 - Intel HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting how you've lost FPS, even though the graphics are suppose to be whatever figure times faster...

Hi,

i'm planning a new build and this board seems very promising.
Can you tell me something about the idle power consumption?

Best regards

Nils

If the question you are asking is about the lower 800Mz at idle with Haswell then this can be a problem with some PSU's. Some PSU's find the 800Mz too low and presumes that the computer has gone to sleep so it shuts down.

There is more information about this here Haswell-Compatible Power Supply Information

Wildwillow, Have you been able to update the H77N Wifi to 10.9? I have serious issues. Install failed after 10 minutes or so domaincode 110. I am unable to save the log as the system freezes once I move the mouse.

I have said mb, install on igp (removed asus card during install) clean install, erase and format in disk utility, and use -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No. ML was a reasonable breeze but Mavericks is giving me a hard time on a system that should be golden. Any tips?

UPDATE: The install succeeded but only after removing one memory module. I tried this after reading a post about bad memory in a ML install. I don't believe the memory module is broken though! I realise I am off topic here, but I think that if TMx86 is promoting H77 and now H87 so heavily, then it is a pretty big thing if Mavericks is not installing with two memory modules installed. Maybe this should be mentioned somewhere.
Otherwise thanks for the great website :D!

Wildwillow, Have you been able to update the H77N Wifi to 10.9? I have serious issues. Install failed after 10 minutes or so domaincode 110. I am unable to save the log as the system freezes once I move the mouse.

I have said mb, install on igp (removed asus card during install) clean install, erase and format in disk utility, and use -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No. ML was a reasonable breeze but Mavericks is giving me a hard time on a system that should be golden. Any tips?

Yes I have managed to Upgrade from Mountain Lion to Mavericks on my H77n-Wifi with no problems. I installed over my ML installation as per the guide and only installed the audio drivers. If you are doing a clean install. Make sure that your BIOS is set to optimised defaults and Init First Display set to IGFX as you have removed your discrete card. You will need to add the boot key GraphicsEnabler=Yes at the Chimera Boot Screen. I assume you are using UniBeast 3.0 for your Mavericks Install.

WildWillow thanks for putting it up. I just did an HTPC with a very similar setup but used 4670k instead.
I had a questions about HDMI audio. I read through toleda's instructions. I initially already installed the AppleHDA for 892 with HDA enabler. I am only using HDMI for audio.

1) After I drop the SSDT file in the extra folder. I need to delete the HDAenabler.kext. Do I also need to revert back to the vanilla appleHDA.kext or I can keep the edited one?
2) Toleda has some patches further down in his post about for AppleHDA edits and AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext

Code:
1. 10.9/AppleHDA.kext_v2.5.2 only edit
MultiBeast 6.0 or newer
Select View Raw: audio_hdmi_8series/audio_hdmi_hd5K-hda-90_patch.command.zip at master · toleda/audio_hdmi_8series

2. Haswell/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext (backup native kext before patching)
10.9/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext_v8.18.26 only edit
Select View Raw: audio_hdmi_8series/audio_hdmi_hd5k-azul-90_patch.command.zip at master · toleda/audio_hdmi_8series

Do I need to apply these patches as well or does the SSDT take care of this? Thanks.

If the question you are asking is about the lower 800Mz at idle with Haswell then this can be a problem with some PSU's. Some PSU's find the 800Mz too low and presumes that the computer has gone to sleep so it shuts down.

There is more information about this here Haswell-Compatible Power Supply Information

Hi wildwillow,

i'm asking for average idle power consumption in Watt. I read an article about a 10 W idle Haswell PC: http://www.heise.de/ct/projekte/PC-Bauvorschlaege-1375124.html (in german). They use Core i5-4570 and Intel DH87RL with Windows 8 64 Bit.

The Intel Board will only work with OSX if you patch the bios. Because of this i'm interested in the average idle power consumption of this build ;)

WildWillow thanks for putting it up. I just did an HTPC with a very similar setup but used 4670k instead.
I had a questions about HDMI audio. I read through toleda's instructions. I initially already installed the AppleHDA for 892 with HDA enabler. I am only using HDMI for audio.

1) After I drop the SSDT file in the extra folder. I need to delete the HDAenabler.kext. Do I also need to revert back to the vanilla appleHDA.kext or I can keep the edited one?
2) Toleda has some patches further down in his post about for AppleHDA edits and AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext

Code:
1. 10.9/AppleHDA.kext_v2.5.2 only edit
MultiBeast 6.0 or newer
Select View Raw: audio_hdmi_8series/audio_hdmi_hd5K-hda-90_patch.command.zip at master · toleda/audio_hdmi_8series

2. Haswell/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext (backup native kext before patching)
10.9/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext_v8.18.26 only edit
Select View Raw: audio_hdmi_8series/audio_hdmi_hd5k-azul-90_patch.command.zip at master · toleda/audio_hdmi_8series

Do I need to apply these patches as well or does the SSDT take care of this? Thanks.

Yes you need to delete the HDAEnabler1.Kext and apply those patches. What I did, delete that kext and install ALC8XX with DSDT in MultiBeast 6.0.0. Rename the SSDT-1 to SSDT.aml as per toleda's guide. Add DropSSDT to Org.Chameleon.boot.plist. Then run both those patch.commands for 10.9 AppleHDA.kext and AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext, these are auto run with your password. Rebuild the cache with the tools provided in the Post. Follow the instructions accurately, seems as if you are almost there. Reboot to HDMI audio.

Credit: toleda. For the great guide, detailed information and edits.

Hi wildwillow,

i'm asking for average idle power consumption in Watt. I read an article about a 10 W idle Haswell PC: http://www.heise.de/ct/projekte/PC-Bauvorschlaege-1375124.html (in german). They use Core i5-4570 and Intel DH87RL with Windows 8 64 Bit.

The Intel Board will only work with OSX if you patch the bios. Because of this i'm interested in the average idle power consumption of this build ;)

In that case, this Motherboards' BIOS is unlocked. No need to Patch.

In that case, this Motherboards' BIOS is unlocked. No need to Patch.

Yep, i know ;)

the 10 W for the Intel-board idle sounds awesome.
Thats why i'm asking for the avg. idle power consumption of the GA-H87N-WIFI :)
Maybe someone can help me with this value...

Sorry for not being precise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back