Contribute
Register

CustoMac Mini 2013: GA-H87N-WIFI - Core i3-4340 - Intel HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i have the same problem, and i did a clean install of mavericks. I used multi beast 6.0.0 to install the ALC892 driver without dsdt but still have the same audio hiccup.

My setup is a h87n with i5 4570

I tried installing some VoodooHDA's which i've found on some other forum. It doesn't solve the problem, but the hiccups are less frequent.

edit: i've just opened the audio/midi-configuration app and switched the output to 48000.0Hz, in stead of the default 44100,0 Hz and have played a whole song without hiccup!

Dunno whether this works as well for the standard AppleHDA included in multibeast, but you could give it a try.

edit 2: still hiccups, less frequent though

I tried installing some VoodooHDA's which i've found on some other forum. It doesn't solve the problem, but the hiccups are less frequent.

edit: i've just opened the audio/midi-configuration app and switched the output to 48000.0Hz, in stead of the default 44100,0 Hz and have played a whole song without hiccup!

Dunno whether this works as well for the standard AppleHDA included in multibeast, but you could give it a try.

edit 2: still hiccups, less frequent though

Changing the output frequency fixed it for me, I haven't noticed a hiccup yet, definitely less frequent. I'm not using the VoodooHDA drivers, just standard ALC892.

But anyways, thanks for the troubleshoot! :clap: it definitely made my hackintosh more bearable.

After I've upgraded to Mavericks I get hickups in audio playback. It sounds like very short pauses in the sound. I experience them when watching movies, itunes, youtube etc.

I've searched the forums and google for problems with the ALC892, but couldn't find any. I've not applied the HDMI patch.

I'm using multibeast 6.0.0

Anybody experiencing the same problem? Possible solution?

Setup: h87n, i5 4440, 8GB ram, intelhd 4600.

Can confirm that! Because its not often, I noticed it late..
Solution: Use the black Output (secound Line-Out).

Another problem:
GA-H87N-WIFI - Core i3-4330 - Intel HD 4600

I noticed flickers (1 per 30 Minutes) over DVI and switched to HDMI. No more flickers! But from time to time it starts and freeze with the Apple-Screen but the System starts. If i connext with remote desktop, it all works fine but no display output :(
It also appears when i try to wake it up from switched off display.
After 10 to 20 hardreboots it works again.
The whole displayissue is very unstable :( Its not possible to disconnect and connect Hardware over DVI / HDMI when the system is running :( Also I cant connect more than one display :(

Having issues with audio (green port) on motherboard. Front green headphones port works, as does orange port in back (sound not good from orange, or center, port). The front works well, but I would like to plug line in the back. Anyone else have issues with this? Build great otherwise, with some minor tweaks...

This is my first hackintosh and I have a very similar build:
same motherboard, 16gb ram, but i7-4770 cpu with integrated 4600 graphics.
I have a 250GB samsung evo SSD, an LG bluray reader/DVD burner and a 2TB HDD which is currently still disabled in the BIOS.

But I've had a lot more trouble getting up and running than it seems others here have.
To install, after creating the USB with mavericks and using unibeast on another machine, i had to use -x PCIRootUID=1 or else it when it would get to the language select welcome screen it would be gibberrish, as if using the wrong video mode.

Got past that but now its installed and I used the multibeast no dsdt settings described here but I still can't manage to boot without safe mode on- hangs on the white screen with the apple symbol and "working" circle. (I added the PCIRootID=1 line to boot.plist or else gibberrish again) in verbose mode it stops working after the following statements (roughly, I'm copying by hand):

Code:
ACPI_SMC_Platform Plugin::start --- waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPIPowerManagement) Timed out
Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 352
Sound assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 581
[IOBluetoothHost Controller USB Transport][configurePM] -- ERROR waited 30 seconds
**** [IOBluetoothHCIController][protected BluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] --- connected to the transport successfully

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks

Edited to add location of hang during boot. Note that I've already tried fresh re-install to same results

Much seems to be depended on what video port you're using. For me only the upper hdmi and dvi seem to work. (but not great, from time to time, i get scrambled video when i try to boot). For others, other ports and combinations seem to work better. Try another output.

With all the issues here (sound, video output), I seriously think that this board should no longer be in the recommended sections. Both video and sound should work fine I believe. This is not really what I was expecting from this board. I had less trouble instaling osx on a non recommended ASUS board in the past.

Having issues with audio (green port) on motherboard. Front green headphones port works, as does orange port in back (sound not good from orange, or center, port). The front works well, but I would like to plug line in the back. Anyone else have issues with this? Build great otherwise, with some minor tweaks...

What kind of issues? Have you read the last page or two?

I guess I should have been more specific; and, yes, I have read about the other audio issues. My problem is no sound comes from green port at all, and I have tried every "line out" in Sound Preferences. Headphones port works well, so I am using that. Just not sure why rear green audio port not functioning...

I guess I should have been more specific; and, yes, I have read about the other audio issues. My problem is no sound comes from green port at all, and I have tried every "line out" in Sound Preferences. Headphones port works well, so I am using that. Just not sure why rear green audio port not functioning...
Try opening the Sound preference pane and the /Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup and match up the sound outputs. :thumbup:

This is my first hackintosh and I have a very similar build:
same motherboard, 16gb ram, but i7-4770 cpu with integrated 4600 graphics.
I have a 250GB samsung evo SSD, an LG bluray reader/DVD burner and a 2TB HDD which is currently still disabled in the BIOS.

But I've had a lot more trouble getting up and running than it seems others here have.
To install, after creating the USB with mavericks and using unibeast on another machine, i had to use -x PCIRootUID=1 or else it when it would get to the language select welcome screen it would be gibberrish, as if using the wrong video mode.

Got past that but now its installed and I used the multibeast no dsdt settings described here but I still can't manage to boot without safe mode on- hangs on the white screen with the apple symbol and "working" circle. (I added the PCIRootID=1 line to boot.plist or else gibberrish again) in verbose mode it stops working after the following statements (roughly, I'm copying by hand):

Code:
ACPI_SMC_Platform Plugin::start --- waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPIPowerManagement) Timed out
Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 352
Sound assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 581
[IOBluetoothHost Controller USB Transport][configurePM] -- ERROR waited 30 seconds
**** [IOBluetoothHCIController][protected BluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] --- connected to the transport successfully

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks

Edited to add location of hang during boot. Note that I've already tried fresh re-install to same results

Have you disabled VT-d?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back