Contribute
Register

CustoMac Mini 2013: GA-H87N-WIFI - Core i3-4340 - Intel HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

i Build my system based on this one, h87n, i7 4771, 16gb ram,Asus gtx 650 ti, Ocz 240gb in raid 0.

it was a pleasure to get the system up and running, thanks so much.

i do however would like to know if i can get "Messages" and "display mirror" running?

thanks
Leo

Just got this built, but the upper HDMI port seems to have some alignment issues.. has anyone else have experience plugging an HDMI cable into the uppermost port?

Or is it a different connector type?

Edit: Yeah, had a defective board. Replaced it and new ones works flawlessly.

So I have the same hardware, only difference is the OS 10.9.1. Why's my Geekbench so much lower? Is it because I'm running the evaluation version?

My numbers are 3260 single core and 6865 multi core.

Merry Christmas everyone! I need some help here regarding the onboard graphics. In the about this Mac it shows unknown 64mb of shared system memory instead of Intel hd graphics 4600 1024mb. How do I get the onboard graphics working? I tried increasing the shared memory in the bios to 1024mb but it still does not work. Apparently my board suffers the same fate as clobberator with the upper hdmi port misaligned.

Just wanted to say Cheers to this thread!! I successfully set up my first Hackintosh with this hardware. Fresh install Mavericks 10.9.1 everything worked using the MB file in the original post. Only problem I had was the computer restarting when you click shut down. Disabled wake on lan to fix that, thanks to Teun2

Hey all! Got this build up and running (with the exception of i5 4570). So only on board graphics Intel HD4600 Loaded all multi beast settings according to this guide. Specific for graphics: 'Intel graphics patch for mixed configurations' using the latest multi beast. However Im struggling with my new Iiyama ProLite XB2779QS. I can't get it to 2560x1440.
Connecting it by DVI works, but on a max resolution of 1920x1080. (which fits the max output for DVI on this board)
If I connect it via HDMI, I get a white screen (on both HDMI ports, mboard should be able to support 4k HDMI)
I connected my TV using HDMI and it works on 1920x1080.
Any idea on how to get the monitor to work on 2560x1440? Display port won't work as its not on the mb.

Ive tried that, forcing the computer to use 2560x1440.
However in DVI this means that the screen gets smaller (two large black rectangles on upper and lower end of the screen), but it worked and was stable.
When I connected HDMI (tested both ports) I still had the same problem: after the grey startup screen with the apple logo, the screen goes into a white/grey -ish state, as if there is no signal. Looks alot like an old tv when there is no signal.
Ill install Windows 8 on the 2nd HDD tonight, to test 4k capability of the HDMI ports in windows. Any clues?

From Gigabyte:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4601#sp

"Integrated Graphics Processor:
  1. 1 x DVI-I port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200
  2. 2 x HDMI ports, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz
    * Support for HDMI 1.4a version.
  3. Maximum shared memory of 1 GB"
You must use a HDMI 1.4a cable to get above the standard 1920x1200 resolution.
Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back