Contribute
Register

CustoMac Mini 2013: GA-H87N-WIFI - Core i3-4340 - Intel HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone experiencing waking from sleep, with hdmi ? computer seems to wake but monitor rememains off, any ideas without having to switch to dvi ?

HI All
Z87N-WIFI/ 4770/ 16gb Vengance ram/ HD4600 internal vid
got my hack running just after Xmas "almost there" (happy days)

though I am having a similar issue with my HDMI waking after sleep, it freezes completely needing a hard reset? (sad days)
I have my Hack connected to my 51" 1080P TV Via HDMI,
The system freezes with no picture after I have changed the channel and then returning back to the Hackintosh, also freezing if the power management turns the monitor off, (I have had to disable the power management to prevent freeze up)

Also I havent been able to get my audio working via HDMI yet,

every thing works perfect in Windows 7, but it would be nicer if some one could help me get OSX Mav running flawlessly
HOPING to be able to use this hackintosh for my media server
cheers
apf

For folks like me who searched in vain for the Vt-d in the Bios, you can disable Vt-d at the Chimera screen with the bootflag dart=0

Thanks Toleda - That will help anyone looking for such a suitable cable in the shops/online. :thumbup:

Adrian B

Hi Adrian,

Did this solve your problem?

I am having the same problem!

Btw, how do I change the system info so that its not an Early 2008 Mac pro anymore?

Hi Adrian,

Did this solve your problem?

I am having the same problem!

I was not having that problem as my monitor is 1920x1080 and I use DVI-D connection. I am aware of the connection type that is required - Toleda used the correct name for the HDMI version that is required. You need to change the cable to a "High Speed HDMI Cable" to get higher resolution.

Btw, how do I change the system info so that its not an Early 2008 Mac pro anymore?

There is a thread to do this cosmetically here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/customization/79536-mod-about-mac.html

Don't just change system definition without knowing what you are doing as it can have a negative effect. Mac Pro 4,1 and 5,1 both must have AppleTyMCEDriver.kext removed prior to change.

System definition is linked to power management, more can be read in this thread on the subject:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...tive-ivy-bridge-cpu-gpu-power-management.html

Adrian B

Hi y'all,

With my H87N-WIFI build, I seem to be having stability problems (system just freezes, no console message or logs) when I use the Atheros NIC. Everything is fine if I use the Intel NIC instead. Kexts for both are from Multibeast 6.0.1. I can provoke a crash with the Atheros almost immediately by transmitting a large file to another server over gigabit ethernet.

I'm happy to just use the Intel NIC, but I was wondering, has anyone else experienced this?

Build:

Mavericks 10.9 installed w/ Unibeast 3.0.1, updated to 10.9.1
Post-install with Multibeast 6.0.1, per OP's instructions.

GA-H87N-WIFI
Intel Core i5-4570
2x8GB Crucial Ballistix
WD Scorpio Blue 500GB 2.5"
Corsair CX430M PSU​

Cheers

Can I expect this config to work even with i7-4770S ?

Can I expect this config to work even with i7-4770S ?

Yes you can use the i7-4770S with this motherboard. Wattage of the CPU is 65w max TDP which is similar to most of the i5 and i3 options. Just keep an eye on temperatures if running in a compact case as you would with any other processor.

Good Luck

Adrian B

Ok, question about the HDMI with Audio Out.

I have this build connected via high speed HDMI cable (from Monoprice) connected to a Pioneer Elite SC-05 receiver, to a Samsung LN55A950.

While HDMI Audio and HDMI video works, if I shut off the receiver, come back and turn on the receiver I have to reboot the CustoMac to get HDMI working again. I do this so I don't keep everything running while I'm not enjoying the room.

I don't get the Fatal Intel error as described in the guide, the computer just stops responding. No kernel crash or anything, it just hangs.

Is there a way past this? Else I can just go back to DVI video (with an DVI-HDMI converter) and optical audio as a workaround...

Ok, question about the HDMI with Audio Out.

I have this build connected via high speed HDMI cable (from Monoprice) connected to a Pioneer Elite SC-05 receiver, to a Samsung LN55A950.

While HDMI Audio and HDMI video works, if I shut off the receiver, come back and turn on the receiver I have to reboot the CustoMac to get HDMI working again. I do this so I don't keep everything running while I'm not enjoying the room.

I don't get the Fatal Intel error as described in the guide, the computer just stops responding. No kernel crash or anything, it just hangs.

Is there a way past this? Else I can just go back to DVI video (with an DVI-HDMI converter) and optical audio as a workaround...

Your computer hasn't stopped responding. The problem is that the HDMI HDCP link has been disrupted by putting the receiver off and the receiver has stopped passing the HDMI handshake along the line to the TV and back to the computer.

I suspect that as the receiver is powered back up the computer is not sending the power trigger over the HDMI cable and the two devices are not recycling a wake from sleep type signal to re-establish the HDMI handshake and transferring the audio and video signal back up the line through the receiver to the TV.

You can try splitting the audio and video signal with a HDMI and optical cable - I doubt it would actually help unless the receiver was able to use the optical signal to trigger the HDMI signal being picked up and synced to the computer.

Good Luck and let us know what your findings are.

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back