Contribute
Register

CustoMac Desktop USB Fixes - 10.11+ Reference

Hi Rehab, no i didn't ignored i had already installed the "port limit patch" by the time i read your reply
Now I'm trying to figure out how to follow the steps of ammulder's writeup in the Skylake Starter Guide, Im not really handy in these matters, but won't give up!
will report if I succeed

thanks for your advise

Hi. I'm having a very strange issue with a GA-Z97-D3H build (el capitan). I can boot from Stick even in a USB 3.0 front port and perform a correct installation without problems. First boot into el capitan is flawless, even without bootflags. But no matter what i do (Unibeast / Clover installation) no matter what SMBIOS I use (I tried Mac Pro 3,1 and iMac 14,1 and 14,2), no matter with oder without the usual suspects of kexts installed (FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, FakePCIID.kext)... After the first reboot I can't get USB-Keyboard or Mouse running at any port (Loginscreen doesn't seem freezed- blinking cursor)
This build worked perfectly fine with 10.9.5 btw.

This is not my first hackintosh and usually I have some idea of what might work or not (boot error, missing bluetooth, audio, etc.) but i'm completely clueless here.
BIOS options should be fine, I think I'm on version F8

Is there a working DSDT for this mainboard somewhere? Are there known conflicts? Should I try installing unibeast without any fixes?

Any hint would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

Hi. I'm having a very strange issue with a GA-Z97-D3H build (el capitan). I can boot from Stick even in a USB 3.0 front port and perform a correct installation without problems. First boot into el capitan is flawless, even without bootflags. But no matter what i do (Unibeast / Clover installation) no matter what SMBIOS I use (I tried Mac Pro 3,1 and iMac 14,1 and 14,2), no matter with oder without the usual suspects of kexts installed (FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, FakePCIID.kext)... After the first reboot I can't get USB-Keyboard or Mouse running at any port (Loginscreen doesn't seem freezed- blinking cursor)

This is not my first hackintosh and usually I have some idea of what might work or not (boot error, missing bluetooth, audio, etc.) but i'm completely clueless here.

Is there a working DSDT for this mainboard somewhere? Are there known conflicts? Should I try installing unibeast without any fixes?

you should extract and patch your own DSDT this is a laptop guide:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

but it does have some valuable information

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

you should extract and patch your own DSDT this is a laptop guide:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

but it does have some valuable information

Can't say that I haven't tried that, the problem is, I'm not even able to get all aml-Files disassembled. I tried the Clover F4-method and receive like 19 amls. I tested different versions of IASL and at the files i could disassemble were the DSDT and the SSDTs. However, if I try to compile the DSDT.dsl I get tons of errors, so no chance here.

I can boot this same build into OSX 10.9.5 (postinstalled from some other hackintosh) and it boots from Stick flawlessly.
This MB shouldn't need a DSDT, as it was on buyers guide some time ago.
Considering Yosemite if this doesn't get me anywhere :/

Can't say that I haven't tried that, the problem is, I'm not even able to get all aml-Files disassembled. I tried the Clover F4-method and receive like 19 amls. I tested different versions of IASL and at the files i could disassemble were the DSDT and the SSDTs. However, if I try to compile the DSDT.dsl I get tons of errors, so no chance here.

I can boot this same build into OSX 10.9.5 (postinstalled from some other hackintosh) and it boots from Stick flawlessly.
This MB shouldn't need a DSDT, as it was on buyers guide some time ago.
Considering Yosemite if this doesn't get me anywhere :/

Make sure you disassemble correctly: iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml
Using refs.txt can also sometimes eliminate problems: iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

Most desktops require only very simple ACPI patching and can be done easier with hotpatch though...

Hi RehabMan

I read you post (thank you btw, your work is incredible), but there you said "this post ist for Intel USB3". I, however, am having problems with all USB ports, even the 2.0.
BIOS options are fine, I triple checked that.
All DSDT related propositions don't really work for me, because I cannot get the DSDT compiled error-free.

Is there a way of Renaming EHCx->EH0x in Clover Configurator without a DSDT?

regards

Hi RehabMan

I read you post (thank you btw, your work is incredible), but there you said "this post ist for Intel USB3". I, however, am having problems with all USB ports, even the 2.0.
BIOS options are fine, I triple checked that.
All DSDT related propositions don't really work for me, because I cannot get the DSDT compiled error-free.

Is there a way of Renaming EHCx->EH0x in Clover Configurator without a DSDT?

regards

Yep. Add to ACPI, DSDT, Patches in config. But note it is not needed on Z97 & Skylake as USB 2 is routed through XHCI.

change EHC1 to EH01
<45484331>
<45483031>

change EHC2 to EH02
<45484332>
<45483032>

Yep. Add to ACPI, DSDT, Patches in config. But note it is not needed on Z97 & Skylake as USB 2 is routed through XHCI.

change EHC1 to EH01
<45484331>
<45483031>

change EHC2 to EH02
<45484332>
<45483032>

I think I may have found a completely different solution for my problem:

I discovered an entry "NOTHING" within clover configurator / Disable Drivers. After deleting that (really trial and error) I could boot with at least USB 2.0 support. Can't say how that entry got there in the first place, I followed this procedure https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...supported-intel-based-pc.172672/#post_install
Anyway, I will go on from here and have a deeper look into USB3 support when needed. Thank you guys!

Back