i7-4790S
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
For 7/8/9-series:

Also must either not use MacBookPro8,1 MacBookPro9,1 iMac13,1 iMac13,2 iMac13,3 MacPro6,1 or else include the EHC1 rename patch in config.plist. Probably we could just include the EH* rename patches for everyone on one of those boards.

So: FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and EH* rename patches enables full support.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
For 7/8/9-series:

Also must either not use MacBookPro8,1 MacBookPro9,1 iMac13,1 iMac13,2 iMac13,3 MacPro6,1 or else include the EHC1 rename patch in config.plist. Probably we could just include the EH* rename patches for everyone on one of those boards.

So: FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and EH* rename patches enables full support.
There are hub injectors for some of those SMBIOS, which will also cause problems especially when using FakePCIID_XHCIMux. So... also required is USBInjectAll in those cases. Renames are not effective in disabling hub port injectors.

ammulder

Motherboard
GA-H87N-WIFI
CPU
i7-4790S
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Shoot, I keep forgetting one thing or another.

What if we just disable those SMBIOS selections if you choose to apply USB fixes? And if you've already selected one of those when you check to apply USB fixes, then we reset it to MacPro3,1 and pop up a message like "USB fixes do not work with [MacPro6,1] -- system configuration reset to MacPro3,1".

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Shoot, I keep forgetting one thing or another.

What if we just disable those SMBIOS selections if you choose to apply USB fixes? And if you've already selected one of those when you check to apply USB fixes, then we reset it to MacPro3,1 and pop up a message like "USB fixes do not work with [MacPro6,1] -- system configuration reset to MacPro3,1".
I think instead of complicating things, just advise to install USBInjectAll.kext and use -uia_exclude_xhc to use ACPI/_UPC for port definitions. Because for gigabyte 7/8/9-series, XHC _UPC seems to be accurate enough to work, if not optimal.

ammulder

Motherboard
GA-H87N-WIFI
CPU
i7-4790S
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
I think instead of complicating things, just advise to install USBInjectAll.kext and use -uia_exclude_xhc to use ACPI/_UPC for port definitions. Because for gigabyte 7/8/9-series, XHC _UPC seems to be accurate enough to work, if not optimal.
I'm sorry, to be clear, you'd still use FakePCIID_XHCIMux with this, right?

So FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, and boot argument
"-uia_exclude_xhc"?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm sorry, to be clear, you'd still use FakePCIID_XHCIMux with this, right?

So FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, and boot argument
"-uia_exclude_xhc"?
Yes.

Motherboard
H97M-D3h
CPU
Core i5 4460
Graphics
HD 6850
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
This is kind of confusing. I have a hackintosh running El Capitan using the 9-series intel chipset and I absolutely have no problems with my USB.

I haven't patched anything at all. System is 100% Vanilla. Not even AppleHDA is patched.

Am I missing something?

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
Core i3-7100
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Apple, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
This is kind of confusing. I have a hackintosh running El Capitan using the 9-series intel chipset and I absolutely have no problems with my USB.

I haven't patched anything at all. System is 100% Vanilla. Not even AppleHDA is patched.

Am I missing something?
If you don't have any issues, don't use the fixes. ;)

For my 9 series system I needed the fixes in order to get USB 3.0 speeds from USB 3.0 ports. You might check that functionality.