Contribute
Register

CustoMac Desktop USB Fixes - 10.11+ Reference

I have Gigabyte ga-z97x-gaming GT mobo running El Capitan.
Currently i have:
EHC1->EH01 / EHC2-EH02 patches (working, confirmed with ioreg)
FakePCIID and FakePCIID_XHCIMux (working, confirmed)
USBInjectAll.kext with -uia_exclude_hs (working, no HS* ports under XHC)
no port limit patch.
no ssdt for usbinjectall.

Most usb ports work as they should, however there's one little thing.
There's 4 usb3 ports from renesas hub (am i right?)
I know it's a bad taste to talk about 3rd party usb here, but the thing is
that those ports are routed to eh01 and are working as usb2.
is it possible to run those ports as usb3 or do they fall under non-working 3rd party usb3 if not routed to ehci?

I have Gigabyte ga-z97x-gaming GT mobo running El Capitan.
Currently i have:
EHC1->EH01 / EHC2-EH02 patches (working, confirmed with ioreg)
FakePCIID and FakePCIID_XHCIMux (working, confirmed)
USBInjectAll.kext with -uia_exclude_hs (working, no HS* ports under XHC)
no port limit patch.
no ssdt for usbinjectall.

Most usb ports work as they should, however there's one little thing.
There's 4 usb3 ports from renesas hub (am i right?)
I know it's a bad taste to talk about 3rd party usb here, but the thing is
that those ports are routed to eh01 and are working as usb2.
is it possible to run those ports as usb3 or do they fall under non-working 3rd party usb3 if not routed to ehci?

A USB3 hub will have both an SS and HS component. The SS component would appear on XHC.

I have a Asus P9X79 WS motherboard,
GenericUSBXHCI, FakePCIID, FakePCIID_XHCIMux and USBInjectAll kexts are installed, but for some reason, system info show that the 2 FakePCIID kexts are not loaded, unlike the other 2, any reason it does that, did I missed something ?
I only have the usb 3.0 working so far.

I have a Asus P9X79 WS motherboard,
GenericUSBXHCI, FakePCIID, FakePCIID_XHCIMux and USBInjectAll kexts are installed, but for some reason, system info show that the 2 FakePCIID kexts are not loaded, unlike the other 2, any reason it does that, did I missed something ?
I only have the usb 3.0 working so far.

X79 does not have Intel USB3, so trying to use FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext is nonsense (it is Intel specific).

X79 does not have Intel USB3, so trying to use FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext is nonsense (it is Intel specific).
Ok, thanks, I got rid of it and I finally managed to make the USB 2.0 working, I found it inside IOJones, I didn't have any ECH1 name for the USB 2,0, it was named EUSB@1, inside the clover configurator in ACPI/DSDT/Patches I put

Comment : Change EUSB to EHC1
Find* [Hex] : 45555342
Replace* [Hex] : 45484331

Now, I have all of the USB 2.0 port working, now I need to know why the USB 3.0 have the speed of a 2.0.

Edit: After a little bit of test, USBInjectAll kext is still needed for the USB 2.0 to work.

Last edited:
Hi at all,

i´m stuck at here, when choosing SMBIOS iMac 14.2 only USB2.0 and one USB3.0 Port is working, USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 untested yet.

If System boots with Multibeast/Unibeast USB Stick all USB Ports are working.

After reading all the posts, trying all the ways there are noch changes.

What i´m doing wrong?????

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 141
  • ACPI.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 98
  • config.plist.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 88
  • kexts.zip
    296.8 KB · Views: 87
Alright Im at quite a loss. USB 2.0 works fine. USB 3.0 works fine with small drives (less than 16gb, also not at 3.0 speeds) ONE usb 3.0 port recognizes usb 3.0 devices. So far I have USBinjectall, fakepciiid, fakepciid.xhcimux, and boot flag -uia_exclude_xhc, and DSDT renames. Inside of system report, under usb3 bus, there is no hub drop-down either. MoBo is asus sabertooth z97. What would be the next logical step at this point? Im using iMac 14,2 SMBIOS.

Alright Im at quite a loss. USB 2.0 works fine. USB 3.0 works fine with small drives (less than 16gb, also not at 3.0 speeds) ONE usb 3.0 port recognizes usb 3.0 devices. So far I have USBinjectall, fakepciiid, fakepciid.xhcimux, and boot flag -uia_exclude_xhc, and DSDT renames. Inside of system report, under usb3 bus, there is no hub drop-down either. MoBo is asus sabertooth z97. What would be the next logical step at this point? Im using iMac 14,2 SMBIOS.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Great thanks
I'll try the xosi fix, and try disabling different hubs. In my ioreg, it looks like 2 hubs are controlling the same ports, I could be wrong. Does this sound like something that could happen? I may be reading the ioreg wrong. I might need a port limit patch as it looks like there are 15 ports already active w/o usb3. Odd that it was working in El Capitan with just the 3 basic kexts and the DSDT rename, but now it's not:/

Back