Contribute
Register

CustoMac Desktop USB Fixes - 10.11+ Reference

You can eliminate ports which you don't plan to use or those that are not connected. If you can get the number of active ports on XHC under 15, you can eliminate the port limit patch.
Is there a potential problem in having more ports than are actually used by the board?

Is there a potential problem in having more ports than are actually used by the board?

Potential problems unknown with the port limit patch. It cannot be easily proven that it is correct. It should be eliminated, if possible.

Potential problems unknown with the port limit patch. It cannot be easily proven that it is correct. It should be eliminated, if possible.
OK, I'll give it a shot without the patch and see if anything pops up in the logs. Worst case scenario I leave it in, as it seems to work for many.

OK, I'll give it a shot without the patch and see if anything pops up in the logs. Worst case scenario I leave it in, as it seems to work for many.

You will need to eliminate ports so you're under the port limit before removing the patch.

And I would do that by making a port injector?

Several ways:
- create an SSDT to customize USBInjectAll configuration (my preference)
- create a custom port injector kext
- use uia_exclude to exclude certain ports

The first two (custom USBInjectAll and port injector) can be used to customize more than just the ports.. they can also customize the UsbConnector value for each port.

If you just need to eliminate ports, uia_exclude is easy enough... But there are no boot flags that allow you to change the UsbConnector value used by USBInjectAll (that requires customization via UIAC.RMCF).

Am having trouble with my USB 3 drive mounting on the USB 3 hub, i have Fake PCIID and Fake XHCI installed to 10.11 kexts in clover. USB 3 hub shows in profiler but when connecting the USB 3 drive it only mounts on the USB 2 hub.
Been trying to figure this out for awhile now, everything i have tried doesn't work, any ideas folks?

Am having trouble with my USB 3 drive mounting on the USB 3 hub, i have Fake PCIID and Fake XHCI installed to 10.11 kexts in clover. USB 3 hub shows in profiler but when connecting the USB 3 drive it only mounts on the USB 2 hub.
Been trying to figure this out for awhile now, everything i have tried doesn't work, any ideas folks?

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

I can’t get a few of my USB 3 and USB 2 ports to work, and an internal memory card reader which also has USB and is connected via the USB header pin interface on the MOBO.

I've followed a couple of guides so without luck.

Where I'm currently at:

• Installed FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext into /S/L/E.
  • Patched EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02 in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/Clover.config

Files attached as per Problem Reporting
View attachment clover.zipView attachment iMac-13,1.osx10.11.04.ioregView attachment kextcache-output.log

My specs:
using iMac 13,1
OS X 10.11.4
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH - i5 3570K - GeForce GTX 660 Ti

I’ve not been able to get any of the mentioned USB ports to work since 10.10.*.

I can’t get a few of my USB 3 and USB 2 ports to work, and an internal memory card reader which also has USB and is connected via the USB header pin interface on the MOBO.

I've followed a couple of guides so without luck.

Where I'm currently at:

• Installed FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext into /S/L/E.
  • Patched EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02 in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/Clover.config

Files attached as per Problem Reporting
View attachment 185592View attachment 185593View attachment 185595

My specs:
using iMac 13,1
OS X 10.11.4
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH - i5 3570K - GeForce GTX 660 Ti

I’ve not been able to get any of the mentioned USB ports to work since 10.10.*.

The patches you have for EHCx->EH0x rename are not correct. Use a plist editor to copy/paste from config_patches.plist (in the USBInjectAll repo).

Back