Contribute
Register

CustoMac Desktop USB Fixes - 10.11+ Reference

Attachments

• captJAK’s El Capitan.iojones
    1.2 MB · Views: 101
  • EFI 2.zip
    28.9 MB · Views: 98
Here you go El Capitan IOexplore...question where do i put your "GenericUSBXHC" kext in plugins @ IOUSBFAMILY.kext or IOUSBHOSTFAMILY.kext ? I'm using patched SSDT inOrder to boot El Capitan otherwise i get no usb ports ..

All kexts should be installed to /Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions.

I won't download a 28mb+ EFI folder.

The iojones shows NEC/Renesas... which only sort of works with GenericUSBXHCI.kext. I installed an FL1100 card and disabled NEC USB3 in BIOS. I found it was too unreliable (there are issues detecting hotplug). It will usually work if you plug a device into one port, then the other.

With the FL1100-based card I also was able to hook the card to some top panel ports, which was not an option with the onboard NEC controller (no internal header).

All kexts should be installed to /Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions.

I won't download a 28mb+ EFI folder.

The iojones shows NEC/Renesas... which only sort of works with GenericUSBXHCI.kext. I installed an FL1100 card and disabled NEC USB3 in BIOS. I found it was too unreliable (there are issues detecting hotplug). It will usually work if you plug a device into one port, then the other.

With the FL1100-based card I also was able to hook the card to some top panel ports, which was not an option with the onboard NEC controller (no internal header).

my bad .. here you go...you are so CORRECT about NEC I have to hot plug to get it to show up on desktop ...

Attachments

• ElCap.zip
    61.2 KB · Views: 88
What is the issue?

could copy paste this code in my DSDT to get usb 2.0 to work ?

# rename EHC1 to EH01
into device label EHC1 set_label begin EH01 end;
into_all all code_regex EHC1\. replaceall_matched begin EH01. end;
into_all all code_regex \.EHC1, replaceall_matched begin .EH01, end;

# rename EHC2 to EH02
into device label EHC2 set_label begin EH02 end;
into_all all code_regex EHC2\. replaceall_matched begin EH02. end;
into_all all code_regex \.EHC2, replaceall_matched begin .EH02, end;

IT'S working RHM !!! you the MAN ...I patched DSDT copy paste and added injectAllkext...Ihope this is what you recommend man ? please say it's so LOL ,if not well it's another way to skin the capitan till I reach a resolution ...as for the Sleep ,it 's shutting down then reboots when I hit a key or mouse ,if that is the best I get so be it ,as for the usb3.0 like you said hot plugging hot pockets not sure thing but kinda sorta works (scRatcing head ) what can you do buy a 6 grand mac ,hmmmm nah i like the rehabman Tosh just fine, I'm happy progress has been made ,don't mind me ..YOU also deserve BIG CReDIT your contribution to this whole community is totally PRICELESS MAN ,again and again I thank you (=
endless RESPECT
the DRON4ZONE

could copy paste this code in my DSDT to get usb 2.0 to work ?

# rename EHC1 to EH01
into device label EHC1 set_label begin EH01 end;
into_all all code_regex EHC1\. replaceall_matched begin EH01. end;
into_all all code_regex \.EHC1, replaceall_matched begin .EH01, end;

# rename EHC2 to EH02
into device label EHC2 set_label begin EH02 end;
into_all all code_regex EHC2\. replaceall_matched begin EH02. end;
into_all all code_regex \.EHC2, replaceall_matched begin .EH02, end;

The above text is a patch, not text for the DSDT, of course. Best way to do the rename is with config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches as is shown in config_patches.plist in the USBInjectAll project.

IT'S working RHM !!! you the MAN ...I patched DSDT copy paste and added injectAllkext...Ihope this is what you recommend man ? please say it's so LOL ,if not well it's another way to skin the capitan till I reach a resolution ...as for the Sleep ,it 's shutting down then reboots when I hit a key or mouse ,if that is the best I get so be it ,as for the usb3.0 like you said hot plugging hot pockets not sure thing but kinda sorta works (scRatcing head ) what can you do buy a 6 grand mac ,hmmmm nah i like the rehabman Tosh just fine, I'm happy progress has been made ,don't mind me ..YOU also deserve BIG CReDIT your contribution to this whole community is totally PRICELESS MAN ,again and again I thank you (=
endless RESPECT
the DRON4ZONE

That's the general idea. USBInjectAll with the rename will inject all ports, and avoid any built-in port injectors.

Your sleep issue is likely something else...

USB stopped working

I followed the skylake guide and everything went fine but after using multibeast to install Quick boot none of the USB ports work anymore?

PS. Before installing i added the USBInjectAll.kext and port patch

UPDATE: Fixed it :D Turns out you have to apply these patches to your Hard drive EFI after install.:banghead:

Motherboard: z170m-plus
CPU: Intel 6700k
GPU: Integrated 530m
SSD: m.2 sm951 AHCI

Last edited:
So I feel like I'm close to getting everything working... but it's not there yet. I did EHC1 and 2 to EH01 and 02 in Clover config. Did Stork's AppleUSBXHCIPCI patch in Clover to raise the port limit to 30. Have FakePCIID and FakePCIID_XHCIMux in L/E. Also have USBInjectAll there. Have tried both boot flags recommended above, currently have -uia_exclude_hs, but it didn't seem to matter which I used. USB2 and 3 work fine off the back of the board, but none of my internal USB headers work. They have power in Clover, and shortly after OS X starts loading they go dead.

I was hoping to not have to figure out building my own port injector. I will if I have to though. But at this point I'm not sure that will solve the problem if InjectAll doesn't make them show up.

Advice?

Attachments

• R’s iMac.ioreg
    2.9 MB · Views: 140
Back