Contribute
Register

CustoMac Desktop USB Fixes - 10.11+ Reference

umm ok ,
so what do you recommend ? as i can not understand your logic sheet of blue prints ,respectful saying so ,it's like reading a data sheet to a blind person ,and asking you how to get to the next step,without my seeing eye dog . .i'm kinda fed up with this Intel DX79Sr board as it like you said "have fun with it" a world good and bad issues , i'm stuck with the RAM ,and CPU 3930k i7
until I get a better mainboard that will play nice ,I seek information,i have to RMA it cause the #4 RAM slot is not working so ,that is another issue ,everything was working ok till I started tearing it down to figure out why things were not working correctly ,but seems like this is an issue with many people with this board.

just got my RMA replacement board back from INTEL, without updating to new bios everything seems to work as expected ,boots,recognizes Hardrives,win X,Yosemite,El Crapitan, I even have 3 displays working, my question to is how can I get ,USB 2,0 in a way which you recommend ,as you feel SSDT edit is not ,and a DSDT is not recommended by another on forum,bit confusing.
here is my "DSDT and files" extracted from 10.10.5 since it see's every USB port ,how can I clone this in 10.11.3 ?

Attachments

• Drone4zone.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
just got my RMA replacement board back from INTEL, without updating to new bios everything seems to work as expected ,boots,recognizes Hardrives,win X,Yosemite,El Crapitan, I even have 3 displays working, my question to is how can I get ,USB 2,0 in a way which you recommend ,as you feel SSDT edit is not ,and a DSDT is not recommended by another on forum,bit confusing.
here is my "DSDT and files" extracted from 10.10.5 since it see's every USB port ,how can I clone this in 10.11.3 ?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

what doe's this mean ?
"For many boards, assuming _UPC is correct on XHC, that will have everything working."

You can find more information on _UPC in the ACPI spec.

and as for the "USBInjectAll.kext" is that kext used assuming you have more usb ports not functioning, to only figure out which ports are active,and then have your DSDT target them to work?

USBInjectAll can inject ports that are not flagged correctly in DSDT (_UPC wrong).

You can create a custom configuration for USBInjectAll if needed (via add-on SSDT). It is covered in the README.

You can find more information on _UPC in the ACPI spec.

USBInjectAll can inject ports that are not flagged correctly in DSDT (_UPC wrong).

You can create a custom configuration for USBInjectAll if needed (via add-on SSDT). It is covered in the README.

you relied earlier that "SSDT was not recommended ? what's up man you got me really confused ,when you have some time can you look at my files I sent you them various times

you relied earlier that "SSDT was not recommended ?

I was referring to the specific SSDT you're using that disables all OEM ACPI content associated with XHC. It is overkill and not necessary. I don't recommend it, don't use it. You can do what you like.

when you have some time can you look at my files I sent you them various times

What files am I looking at? And for what purpose?

I was referring to the specific SSDT you're using that disables all OEM ACPI content associated with XHC. It is overkill and not necessary. I don't recommend it, don't use it. You can do what you like.

What files am I looking at? And for what purpose?

the files,and the purpose...I would like help to figure this out ,you have helped me in the past,and I'm grateful ,ThankYou ..
here are my files for your review, If you can not look at them I understand,If you do not have time I understand ,As I mentioned
earlier I got some USB 2.0 working with patched SSDT, it's not great but some what works ,as in Yosemite with your kext files( GenericUSBXHCI) I have ,3.0 super-speed (note screenshots) that's issue I can fix later if need be,I seek USB 2.0 ports ,to function,as in Yosemite Under "El Capitan" . I've read all your linked post to me ,which you sent couple times.

Attachments

• drone-files.zip
    28.3 MB · Views: 99
the files,and the purpose...I would like help to figure this out ,you have helped me in the past,and I'm grateful ,ThankYou ..
here are my files for your review, If you can not look at them I understand,If you do not have time I understand ,As I mentioned
earlier I got some USB 2.0 working with patched SSDT, it's not great but some what works ,as in Yosemite with your kext files( GenericUSBXHCI) I have ,3.0 super-speed (note screenshots) that's issue I can fix later if need be,I seek USB 2.0 ports ,to function,as in Yosemite Under "El Capitan" . I've read all your linked post to me ,which you sent couple times.

Take a look at this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Suggest: EHCx->EH0x rename. USBInjectAll.kext if needed.

The ioreg you have here is Yosemite, not El Capitan.

Back