Contribute
Register

CustoMac Desktop USB Fixes - 10.11+ Reference

So, installed two kex files.
Looks like they are loaded and the ioreg looks also different.

But I'm not if it looks good or just different...

USB3 looks better now (SSP1->SSP6 on XHC instead of just SSP1).

Thats true.
But that's just a bit more power consumption.

The non working BD drive could be the reason to stop any experiments, the non working PM is not a problem for me...

Thats true.
But that's just a bit more power consumption.

The non working BD drive could be the reason to stop any experiments, the non working PM is not a problem for me...

No. It could be that speedstep is not working and your system is sitting at idle pstate all the time.

Getting your CPU working correctly is one of the first things you should do with a new install. The CPU is an important component.

Hi

you might be right.
But when I'm using some programs with high CPU consumption the i3 in the PC is faster than the i7 in my MBP. That's the speed I'm expected at the moment. If I'm decided to use the PC further i will change the i3 to something faster. That's why I said I will not configure the PM.
But just to be 100% sure there are no influences I will correct the PM.

Have a look at the Power Gadget. One screenshot is in idle, the other while a video rendering.
So in general the PM is working. But it looks a bit strange the up and down while it's in idle.
Maybe this will be better after correcting the PM.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-13 um 06.47.55.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-13 um 06.47.55.png
    70 KB · Views: 135
  • Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-13 um 06.48.39.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-13 um 06.48.39.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 105
Thank You!!!
The 2 USB fixes worked on My GA-Z97X-UD7 TH Bios F6, I ran the 10.11.2 update directly after the Kexts were added.

So, after installing the PM still USB problems.
Burning of BD causes an buffer underrun error.
Possible workaround: Closing of all running apps like Firefox, Mail, Safari, ...

If the BD is finished it's not possible to open the tray. Reboot needed to unlock the tray.

@ rehabman
I got my usb's 2.0 working with a edit SSDT .. after reading your Guide and fumbling all over the place , I got it to work without the kexts or confusing information on what to ask for next . thanks for your help ,but I figured it out .As for the USB 3.0 as you quoted they are not "Intel" chips so I guess I'll have to wait for a solution on them that will make them show up and work without issues ,as it is they work ,but not something i would write home about .
cheers

Attachments

• SSDT-1.aml.zip
    777 bytes · Views: 76
@ rehabman
I got my usb's 2.0 working with a edit SSDT .. after reading your Guide and fumbling all over the place , I got it to work without the kexts or confusing information on what to ask for next . thanks for your help ,but I figured it out .As for the USB 3.0 as you quoted they are not "Intel" chips so I guess I'll have to wait for a solution on them that will make them show up and work without issues ,as it is they work ,but not something i would write home about .
cheers

The SSDT you have is the "disconnect/disable default EHCx method".

I don't recommend it.

Back