Contribute
Register

Custom SSD Icons

In Gimp it's pretty much exactly the same instructions; open the same Photoshop file. Make sure you view Windows/layers-brushes.

Use Tools/Transform Tools/Perspective to place your cropped SSD label image in perspective over the base image layer.

You can also use Gimp's Color menu to change the base image layer colors to suit your needs. (Color menu /Hue Saturation tool is pretty much exactly like Photoshop). Also you can use the select tools to select an area not to be affected (the connector pins) and Select/Invert the selection.

When finished, export as .png (remember to change the extension in the file name to .png from .psd if the save-as dial doesn't.)

gimpper.jpg

1. Right-click (or control-click) then Get Info on both drive and icon file so both info windows are open.
2. Select icon in upper left corner of source icon's Info window. COPY
3. Select icon in upper left corner of target Info window. PASTE

Target should now have the source's icon.

-----------------------

Great tip!

Is there also one for a FusionDrive?

@zaptoons,

What a great idea!

Thanks to you, and everyone else sharing new images, my SSD drives look much better on my desktop. Now we no longer have to read text to identify drives. We just look at the icons. Awesome. Thanks again!

My small contribution. I used the base to make an icon for Momentus XT hybrid SSHD. Maybe not as good as previous, but I like it :p

Attachments

• MXT.zip
    535.9 KB · Views: 454
Back