Contribute
Register

Custom SSD Icons

Any chance someone can make one for OCZ Vertex 4 and OCZ Vector, I don't have photoshop.

Thanks

As of "PJALM" request.
Here is the OCZ Vertex 4, Vector and Samsung 840 icon~~~!! Enjoy~~~!!!!!
Happy Day to all~~~!

Attachments

• OCZ Vertex 4 & Vector.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 646
  • Samsung 840.icns.zip
    921.6 KB · Views: 944
Thanks a lot for the icons. Made my desktop even prettier. Nice work. I used the Samsung Icon for my SDD.

Awesome! Nice to be able to contribute even in even a small way to the awesome community here. I literally have this site/people here to thank for the best computer systems I've ever owned.

I take no credit for this, it's from a CandyBar Icons Collection called "HDRV+" by a gentleman named Rick Patrick, but here are the icons I use for my desktop for my SSD and my HDD.

Attachments

• SSD_HDD_Icons.zip
    680.9 KB · Views: 1,595
Here's the Photoshop template: LINK

Contains the base generic SSD image (I take no credit for it, just a nice image I found on the web and manipulated a little.) Photoshop Image/Adjustments/Hue Saturation you can make it any shade or color you want, I just marquee tool/deselect the yellow connector portion when doing so.

Works best if you find a nice top-down, fairly high-res image of the SSD you want. For example:

http://cdn-static.zdnet.com/i/story/70/00/007034/samsung-840-pro-ssd-solid-state-drive.jpg

Copy into Photoshop, delete the white space and paste over the generic template.

screenshot20130326at104.png

Works well enough to use Edit/Transform/Distort tool to fake-3D the image into place by the 4 corners.

Save As .png from Photoshop, which preserves transparency and drop shadow.

I then use Img2icns to generate an icon file from the png image. There's probably better ways to do all of this, but whatever works.

It'll be great to have a TonyMac collection of OSX icons for most SSD types.

Can you explain how to do this in GIMP?

Back