Contribute
Register

Creative CA0132 codec discussion (Sound Core3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I pasted these 3 files into the clover.
One after the other, where the "read" SSDT is to turn on the speakers, the HP to headphones and the mic the front microphone.
There is also a strong beep in the headphones on the front panel.
If the beep is beeing output trough the speakers while using the "read" SSDT, the SSDT works.

One after the other, where the "read" SSDT is to turn on the speakers, the HP to headphones and the mic the front microphone.

If the beep is beeing output trough the speakers while using the "read" SSDT, the SSDT works.
"HP" gives the noise of the headphone jack on the front panel.
"Mic" gives nothing.
"Read" also gives nothing :(
Attach files

Attachments

• dump_wern_HP.txt
    34.6 KB · Views: 89
  • dump_wern_mic.txt
    34.6 KB · Views: 95
  • dump_wern_read.txt
    34.6 KB · Views: 75
  • wern_HP.ioreg
    6.1 MB · Views: 171
  • wern_mic.ioreg
    6.2 MB · Views: 169
  • wern_read.ioreg
    6 MB · Views: 131
  • HP.png
    HP.png
    245.2 KB · Views: 187
  • mic.png
    mic.png
    280.5 KB · Views: 168
  • read.png
    read.png
    248.5 KB · Views: 166
Unfortunately, the SSDT method for reading the BAR register is not very useful because it is executed before the driver is loaded. With setpci I can read and write in the config space, but not the BAR registers. Does anyone know a tool that can do this?

Hi @wern I have a GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 running 10.11.6. I still cannot get the Creative CA0132 to work. Which combination of patches, kexts and settings will work?

Tomorrow I'll try this:

Patches: HDAS to HDEF.
Kexts: AppleALC, Lilu, CodecCommander (downloaded from post 1 on this thread). AppleHDA is untouched.
Layout ID: 4 + ResetHDA

Would this work? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

@nifranza Yes, it should work. However, CodecCommander has to be in/L/E. I have never used ResetHDA.
Since I can't test the R3Di codec, it would be cool if you could try the kext from the attachment.
It will likely work without CodecCommander, or at least when it is in the Clover folder. Could you please try layout 4 for multi-channel, or if not required, layout 2 with Line-Out, front HP, S/PDIF, Mic and Line-In.

Attachments

• AppleALC-1.4.8-RELEASE.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 125
@nifranza Yes, it should work. However, CodecCommander has to be in/L/E. I have never used ResetHDA.
Since I can't test the R3Di codec, it would be cool if you could try the kext from the attachment.
It will likely work without CodecCommander, or at least when it is in the Clover folder. Could you please try layout 4 for multi-channel, or if not required, layout 2 with Line-Out, front HP, S/PDIF, Mic and Line-In.
Considering I'm installing on 10.11.6, should CodecCommander be placed on L/E or S/L/E?
Thank you so much for your help and the kext!! I'll try it out later today and give you feedback.

Considering I'm installing on 10.11.6, should CodecCommander be placed on L/E or S/L/E?
Thank you so much for your help and the kext!! I'll try it out later today and give you feedback.
/L/E with your other kexts

or if you have all your kexts only in clover/kexts/other then place it there

only apple system kexts belong in /S/L/E

/L/E with your other kexts

or if you have all your kexts only in clover/kexts/other then place it there

only apple system kexts belong in /S/L/E
So, to clarify: It should be on L/E, even for 10.11.6 and not S/L/E. Right?

Hi @wern, tried it. Did not work. Do you have any other hints? I really want to get this to work..

Hi @wern, tried it. Did not work. Do you have any other hints? I really want to get this to work..
If you use AppleALC from Acidanthera, CC must be in /L/E. The kext from post #355 should work without CC. AppleALC and Lilu must be in the same folder.
Please upload an IOReg dump.

The macOS version doesn't matter, AppleALC and Lilu will work from the Other folder. What is recommended, you don't have to fix permissions and rebuild the cache.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back