Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z370P-D3
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
GTX760 2GB
As per previous thread, I can't sign into iCloud on my hackintosh even though my Apple ID is valid. I tried creating a new Apple ID on my phone, which worked absolutely fine, however Mountain Lion is STILL not letting me sign in using the new one OR the old one. Messages is still giving me the same "server encountered an error" message :banghead:

Please... any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-24 at 10.30.09.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-24 at 10.30.09.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 286
  • Screen Shot 2012-08-24 at 10.32.12.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-24 at 10.32.12.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 201
Hello

The reason you get error when trying to loggin to iCloud with a Hackintosh is because the serial number, you can use Champlist to generate a new one, and then edit your smbios.plist which is stored in Extra folder on your ML drive, this solution worked for me, I can even track my MAC had to go through quite a complex setup to create a recovery partition.

Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for the suggestion.. I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on

Craig

Tried changing the serial number twice, and sadly it made no difference. Then tried changing the system definition (and by association the serial number) and that also made no difference.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Have you done other solutions such as resetting network, ethernet built in?

Yeah... tried that a couple of times :(

The only thing i can think of that MIGHT affect it, is LAN isn't onboard, it's a separate card as onboard LAN is broken. Still shows up as en0 tho so i don't imagine it makes a difference. I also don't have wifi, which again I wouldn't imagine makes a difference but I never can tell :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back