Contribute
Register

CPUPowerManagement kernel panic! I need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello Everyone!
I have recently gotten in to hackintoshing (probably not a word) and have followed the El Capitan guide. I was able to install El Capitan, get it running, and then run multibeast, but after I restarted and tried to boot El Capitan I got kernel panics. I am very new but have some basic knowledge such as boot flags, and I have tried many but have had no success. From the look of other posts it seems as if I need to get CPUPowerManagement.kext, but because I can't boot El Capitan I don't know how to get kexts. Here is a picture of the kernel panic:
(Keep in mind that I am brand new and need somewhat basic instructions)
IMG_0901.jpg

I am running clover as a bootloader, unibeast to make usb, and used multibeast for post-installation.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I set up the usb with legacy mode (not UEFI) and did the same for multibeast.

I have the same issue and I did the same as you.. anyone can help?

Could someone please help us? I have tried many things but to no success...

Hey Vannix! I was able to boot using the boot flag -legacy and cpus=1. I also had my usb boot drive plugged in and I don't know if it would work without it.

Hello, unfortunately doesn't work for me...

Hello both legoguy315 and vannix, welcome to the forums!

Both of you need to follow forum rules and post your system info into your signatures before anyone can begin to help. Trying to guess your hardware is not helpful.

____

Begin by using the search field in the upper right corner. Type your mainboard model number in there and start looking through the results for issues with CPUPowerManagement.

Good luck, sorry I can't help more.... but If we new your system info....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back