Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170A
CPU
Intel i7 6700
Graphics
1070TI
Hey everyone, it's been a couple years since I built my hackintosh and I'm looking to upgrade. I upgraded my graphics card recently with no issues, but now it's time for a CPU upgrade. Will i have to reinstall Mac OS after the upgrade? Or will my computer work fine without a fresh install? Thanks guys!

Hey everyone, it's been a couple years since I built my hackintosh and I'm looking to upgrade. I upgraded my graphics card recently with no issues, but now it's time for a CPU upgrade. Will i have to reinstall Mac OS after the upgrade? Or will my computer work fine without a fresh install? Thanks guys!

You should be able to use it, you may need to adjust a few things depending on cpu and motherboard choice. Ethernet, audio, USB etc and CPUID if necessary but the drive should work as long as the software supports the newer chipset. For kabylake and coffee lake High sierra works but Sierra and lower may need more patches or fixes. I do a lot of testing and swap out drives to different systems al the time it usually just needs a little clover boot menu settings to boot.

What version of OS/OSX are you running?

You should be able to use it, you may need to adjust a few things depending on cpu and motherboard choice. Ethernet, audio, USB etc and CPUID if necessary but the drive should work as long as the software supports the newer chipset. For kabylake and coffee lake High sierra works but Sierra and lower may need more patches or fixes. I do a lot of testing and swap out drives to different systems al the time it usually just needs a little clover boot menu settings to boot.

What version of OS/OSX are you running?

Hey Gigamaxx, thanks for replying way back, I just got my setup back and connected to the internet after remodeling the house, so sorry for the super delayed response... I am currently running OSX 10.13.3. Looking to upgrade my i7-6700 to a i7-8700k if I land the new job...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back