Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix G G531GD
CPU
i5-9300H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1050
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have enabled Native CPU Power Management by setting plugintype=true.
I checked the IOREGEXPLORER and under the PR00@0 the plugintype is 0x1 (true) and x86PlatformPlugin is loaded.
But the power usage is still very high comparing to window's.
When Mac OS is idling, the average intel pkg power output is 4W.
And the battery life is only 2 hrs.
Screenshot below:
Mac OS Idle Power Output.png

When Windows is idling, the average intel pkg power output is 2W.
And the battery life can reach 4.5 hrs.
Windows Power Output.PNG

I have tried enable HWP but it still get the same output.
What approaches can take to lower down the Mac OS power output and extend battery life?

**ATTACHED MAC OS NORMAL USAGE POWER OUTPUT SCREENSHOT

Attachments

• Mac OS Normal Power Output.png
    Mac OS Normal Power Output.png
    74 KB · Views: 231
i am not expert but it is known that some laptop hackintosh have around half the battery run time compared to windows (pc hardware and drivers are optimised for Windows not for macOS) -
So maybe your battery life under macOS is regular for a Hackintosh laptop setup

Here are some ideas for further investigations :
- try CPUFfriend (choosing the Max power saving option) and see if better :
- if you have a I2C Trackpad - enabling GPIO pinning will save the battery
- did you have your GTX 1050 disabled under macOS (will drain battery if enabled) ?
- also mind to add a PR files to your thread for experts in the domain can help you

i am not expert but it is known that some laptop hackintosh have around half the battery run time compared to windows (pc hardware and drivers are optimised for Windows not for macOS) -
So maybe your battery life under macOS is regular for a Hackintosh laptop setup

Here are some ideas for further investigations :
- try CPUFfriend (choosing the Max power saving option) and see if better :
- if you have a I2C Trackpad - enabling GPIO pinning will save the battery
- did you have your GTX 1050 disabled under macOS (will drain battery if enabled) ?
- also mind to add a PR files to your thread for experts in the domain can help you
Thanks for your reply!
1. I tried generate CPUFriend kext and eventhough the frequency can go lower but power output doesn't go below 4W.
2. I have I2C Trackpad but my trackpad is not support for GPIO pinning because it is newer trackpad.
3. I have tried to disable my GTX and I have opened another thread for this but there are some abnormal codes (EC) in my _OFF method that prevent the _OFF method being fully powered off.

Thanks for your reply!
1. I tried generate CPUFriend kext and eventhough the frequency can go lower but power output doesn't go below 4W.
2. I have I2C Trackpad but my trackpad is not support for GPIO pinning because it is newer trackpad.
3. I have tried to disable my GTX and I have opened another thread for this but there are some abnormal codes (EC) in my _OFF method that prevent the _OFF method being fully powered off.
Hey,could you please attach your efi folder. I also have the same laptop but i am having troubles post installation like no trackpad and intel hd 630 without acceleration. Please help me solve these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back