Contribute
Register

Could my hardware config potentially run Ventura?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Hey all,

Just before I go deep on various troubleshooting and considerations. I wanted to ask do the following components meet requirements for a Ventura build (My skylake CPU I am aware of the need the spoof as Kabylake, using the smbios and igpu settings in the config.plist)

Anyways, I have as follows:

MOBO - Gigabyte Z170x UD5 TH
NIC - Fenvi T919
GPU - Sapphire AMD Radeon RX6600
Ram - Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4
CPU - i7 6700k

Just wondering if any of this is likely to require an unusual approach? (other than spoofing the CPU which seems do-able?)

Yes, your Skylake system can run Ventura. I run Ventura on a number of Haswell systems with no problems.

For your system to run Ventura I would recommend you disable the IGPU in the Bios and just use the RX6600 dGPU, along with the SMBIOS for an iMacPro1,1 (or MacPro7,1).

That is how my numerous Haswell systems work with Ventura. See this Guide I wrote for one of my Haswell Systems to run Monterey and then Ventura, with an updated OC EFI.

Yes, your Skylake system can run Ventura. I run Ventura on a number of Haswell systems with no problems.

For your system to run Ventura I would recommend you disable the IGPU in the Bios and just use the RX6600 dGPU, along with the SMBIOS for an iMacPro1,1 (or MacPro7,1).

That is how my numerous Haswell systems work with Ventura. See this Guide I wrote for one of my Haswell Systems to run Monterey and then Ventura, with an updated OC EFI.
Thanks man I'm getting the same hang when trying to boot my USB installer with every SMBIOS I'm trying at the moment

Was wondering if you could send me that guide (i think you meant to link it maybe?) it sounds really helpful :)

I am using latest OpenCore and Kexts/Drivers/SSDTs etc - debug version where possible.

I've rebuilt a few times (freshly download from repository site each time and even freshly built from Mac download) and it seems to keep hanging at the same point. Also tried NVRAM reset and NVRAM clean. I've tried with mapped USB ports (from a windows drive) and with non-mapped rehabman USBInject.

Have followed bios and config settings for KabyLake Desktop as it says I am meant to spoof thinking though presumably that iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS doesn't need spoofing?

Any advice or a link to that article would be very very highly appreciated <3

Attachments

• config.plist
    31.1 KB · Views: 31
  • opencore-2023-05-19-213338.txt
    256 KB · Views: 28
Sorry, here is the link to the Haswell guide.

See the link in the first post for post #110, which contains an EFI folder for running Ventura on a system with the dGPU only.

Your system has UTBMap.kext present, but this won't work without USBToolBox.kext also being present in your setup.

I have attached a cleaned up config.plist for your system. Just removed a number of unnecessary patches and entries to make navigating and reading the config easier.

Attachments

• config-2.plist.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 28
Legend man thanks how did I miss that USB thing will try in a mo :)

Legend man already feeling more promising. In your honest opinion does it matter much whether I picked iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1?

Atm it's still MacPro but I get the impression iMacPro1,1 since it's skylake makes more sense?

Makes little difference as far as I have seen. I have a few systems using both SMBIOS and they all work just fine.

Don’t use the Kaby Lake IGPU hack with either of those SMBIOS, as neither expects one to be available.

Hey all,

Just before I go deep on various troubleshooting and considerations. I wanted to ask do the following components meet requirements for a Ventura build (My skylake CPU I am aware of the need the spoof as Kabylake, using the smbios and igpu settings in the config.plist)

Anyways, I have as follows:

MOBO - Gigabyte Z170x UD5 TH
NIC - Fenvi T919
GPU - Sapphire AMD Radeon RX6600
Ram - Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4
CPU - i7 6700k

Just wondering if any of this is likely to require an unusual approach? (other than spoofing the CPU which seems do-able?)
Hello friend, I have the same MOBO as you, can you help me with the necessary kext to install ventura?

Thanks

@jaimicox your Nvidia GTX 950 isn't supported beyond High Sierra, as it requires the Nvidia Web Drivers. Using the OpenCore Legacy Patcher on a Hackintosh is not a good option. The OCLP developers actually state it is not meant to be used on a Hack, it is designed for use on a real Mac system.

You would be best served by replacing your Nvidia GTX 950 with a compatible AMD dGPU, if you want to run Ventura or Sonoma on your Skylake system.

The reason being your Skylake IGPU is also unsupported since the release of macOS Ventura.

@jaimicox your Nvidia GTX 950 isn't supported beyond High Sierra, as it requires the Nvidia Web Drivers. Using the OpenCore Legacy Patcher on a Hackintosh is not a good option. The OCLP developers actually state it is not meant to be used on a Hack, it is designed for use on a real Mac system.

You would be best served by replacing your Nvidia GTX 950 with a compatible AMD dGPU, if you want to run Ventura or Sonoma on your Skylake system.

The reason being your Skylake IGPU is also unsupported since the release of macOS Ventura.
Hello, im going to buy this:

Im also have the WD Blue SN570 NVMe.

I have version 10.13.6 it runs fine, but sometimes I have unexpected shutdowns, and the screen turns off, this is why I want to update to ventura, but I want to be sure that I have the correct kext for my configuration

Back