Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

I had one of these and bluetooth worked, I believe that it gets the usb pins from the M2 slot somehow just like the apple ones do. if you use a official apple card then it should work.

I have one of the Fenvi T919 cards and while the wifi works absolutely perfectly on Sierra 10.12.3, the bluetooth is nonexistent. I have tried switching the usb plug in my motherboard (Asus z170 series) and restarting several times. I have looked at the clover configurator and nothing seems to be off so I didn't change anything. It works on windows just fine so I'm wondering if for some reason Sierra is ignoring that USB input from the motherboard?

Does anyone know of any internal, laptop-like solutions? I need a card that I can just replace my stock one with

Does anyone know of any internal, laptop-like solutions? I need a card that I can just replace my stock one with
It depends... What laptop? Do you know what type of card is in there now? Mini PCIe? M.2? There are lost of solutions but it also depends on space etc...

I had one of these and bluetooth worked, I believe that it gets the usb pins from the M2 slot somehow just like the apple ones do. if you use a official apple card then it should work.

Yes! So I ordered this one: 12+6 Pin to M.2 for BCM94360CS2 (also ordered the 2013-2015 MB Air AC Wifi/BT4.0) - I didn't know these existed! I'm very excited to hear it works as should. Life is so much easier with a legit Apple card! Thanks for the heads up. Yeah on newer motherboards with wifi m.2 slots the Bluetooth works off USB pins within the slot as well.

As for the Fenvi cards I just don't have the space... I actually own a PCIe x1 adapter with a legit BCM94360CD and it works like a charm... But for the ITX board I just have no where to put it. Up for grabs if anyone needs it...

It depends... What laptop? Do you know what type of card is in there now? Mini PCIe? M.2? There are lost of solutions but it also depends on space etc...
It's an M.2 combo card. It's going into a mini itx board, that's why I need to repopulate that slot. I have no extra pcie slots.

About to build my first Customac Pro with GA-Z170X UD3 Motherboard running Sierra. I bought the "OSXWIFI PC/HACKINTOSH - APPLE BROADCOM BCM94360CD - 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC + BLUETOOTH 4.0" board.

My question is: Do I need to "enable" the usb port that I use to plug into this board? I already generated my "SSDT-5.aml" and "USB-SSDT.aml" files and did not "enable" any usb 2.0 headers on the motherboard.

Thanks in Advance.

ps emailed the guys @ OSXWIFI and haven't heard back...

So after an agonizingly long 2 months, I finally received both parts for my wifi/bluetooth adapter (first shipment got lost, so had to get it resent. Then of course the first shipment has now shown up a week after the second one arrived o_O).

Anyways, long story short, I ordered a BCM94360CD BCM94331CD to PCI-E 1X Adapter and a Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11ac WiFi card+Bluetooth 4.0 for Apple 27" iMac AirPort off of eBay (there are lots of them available from different sellers). Both shipped from China.

Once they arrived, I simply hooked them together, and plugged them in to my mobo, and voila! Bluetooth and Wifi working perfectly. Handoff and Continuity didn't work immediately, but after following P1LGRIM's guide for iMessage again, it works perfectly! I haven't gotten a chance to test out unlock with my apple watch, but thus far all other aspects of continuity and handoff are working.

About to build my first Customac Pro with GA-Z170X UD3 Motherboard running Sierra. I bought the "OSXWIFI PC/HACKINTOSH - APPLE BROADCOM BCM94360CD - 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC + BLUETOOTH 4.0" board.

My question is: Do I need to "enable" the usb port that I use to plug into this board? I already generated my "SSDT-5.aml" and "USB-SSDT.aml" files and did not "enable" any usb 2.0 headers on the motherboard.

Thanks in Advance.

Hello.

Yes, I think you will need to enable the motherboard USB header for BT use. There is a setting specifically for this purpose.

If you take a look at this thread:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.179221/#DetailedUSB

then go down to section: 7.2.2 Constructing SSDT

You need to set the enabled USB header to '255' as instructed there in your SSDT.

Hope that helps.

:)

Thanks in Advance.

If the port works already then you shouldnt have to do anything. if not, then you will need to use the SSDT to 'enable' the USB ports on the motherboard.

Back