Intel I7 6700K
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have built my first computer in many years, and dove right into a dual boot with Windows 10 and Sierra. I'm amazed at all the help out on the internet, and TonyMacx86 in general. I'm also amazed I'm as close as I am to being finished. I have both operating systems up and running on a single 1TB SSD. I did not find any help on Multi-Beast settings specific for my motherboard, Gigabyte's GA-Z170X-Gaming 7. Here's what I need help with (so far):
  1. Sierra doesn't recognize my ethernet connection. I know the connection through the motherboard is good, because my Windows 10 has no issues detecting and connections. The Gigabyte specifications don't tell me enough to select the correct MultiBeast setting.
  2. Sierra doesn't recognize any sound output. Again, no issue in Windows 10. Right now I'm using a 1080P monitor hooked up via HDMI. I do not have a separate graphics card. I've tried selecting several of the MultiBeast options that have HDMI in the title/description, but nothing has worked.
  3. I haven't tried USB fixes yet, but I don't see my USB 3.0 flash drive showing up.
Help on the ethernet and sound is my primary concern right now. I would appreciate help.

Ray

I have built my first computer in many years, and dove right into a dual boot with Windows 10 and Sierra. I'm amazed at all the help out on the internet, and TonyMacx86 in general. I'm also amazed I'm as close as I am to being finished. I have both operating systems up and running on a single 1TB SSD. I did not find any help on Multi-Beast settings specific for my motherboard, Gigabyte's GA-Z170X-Gaming 7. Here's what I need help with (so far):
  1. Sierra doesn't recognize my ethernet connection. I know the connection through the motherboard is good, because my Windows 10 has no issues detecting and connections. The Gigabyte specifications don't tell me enough to select the correct MultiBeast setting.
  2. Sierra doesn't recognize any sound output. Again, no issue in Windows 10. Right now I'm using a 1080P monitor hooked up via HDMI. I do not have a separate graphics card. I've tried selecting several of the MultiBeast options that have HDMI in the title/description, but nothing has worked.
  3. I haven't tried USB fixes yet, but I don't see my USB 3.0 flash drive showing up.
Help on the ethernet and sound is my primary concern right now. I would appreciate help.

Ray
So I've made some progress on my own. Learning all about how kexts impact performance and Clover Configurator. I've got ethernet and USB working, but I haven't figured out the sound issue. I'm running the script "audio_cloverHDMI-120_v1.0d.command", but get the following response:

Last login: Fri Nov 18 12:24:01 on ttys000
PasterMcOSsiMac:~ sunray$ /Users/sunray/Desktop/audio_cloverHDMI-120_v1.0d.command ; exit;

Agreement
The audio_cloverHDMI script is for personal use only. Do not distribute
the patch, any or all of the files for any reason without permission.
The audio_cloverHDMI script is provided as is and without any warranty.

File: audio_cloverHDMI-120.command_v1.0d
Release Mode
EFI partition is mounted
Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem
Continue without HDEF/onboard audio (y/n): Y

No audio codec detected
No system files were changed
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...

logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]​

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
File: audio_cloverHDMI-120.command_v1.0d
Release Mode
EFI partition is mounted
Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem
Continue without HDEF/onboard audio (y/n): Y​

Looks like you don't have the rename HDAS to HDEF patch in your config.plist

Code:
<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
    <key>DSDT</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Patches</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Rename HDAS to HDEF</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                SERBUw==
                </data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                SERFRg==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>
    </dict>

Thanks BreBo,

I wish I understood how to edit config.plist better. I'm a pretty smart engineer and can figure most things out, but software isn't my strong suit. I used PlistEdit Pro to edit my config.plist, and thought I did a great job figuring out all the children and sibling functions to manually add in the suggested 'patch'. Looked perfect, but can't save the file. I keep getting the error "found non-key inside dict on line 26". Of course I can't show you what I did, because I can't find a way to save the file.

So...I'm posting my config.plist file here. If someone can take a look, edit, or advise, I'd appreciate it. These are the things I'm still working on
  1. Audio - through HDMI
  2. USB 3.0 (on front of computer) - I had this working once, but after having to reinstall MacOS to recover, it stopped again. I have the kexts. loaded in my library\extensions folder
  3. Waking up from sleep (having to reboot every time)
  4. I slight flickering in upper left of monitor

Attachments

• config.plist
    2.6 KB · Views: 288
Use Clover Configurator:
Untitled.png

Thanks again BreBo,

Got the patch working and was able to run the audio_cloverHDMI-120_v1.0d.command file to run. After restarting, no sound still. There is no sound output listed (other than Airplay). Attached is Terminal script. Does this tell you anything?

Ray

Attachments

• Terminal.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 140
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back