Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

So I finished building my hackintosh a couple days ago and it powered up fine for the first day or so but now nothing happens when I press the power button. I unplugged everything from the PSU and plugged it back in but still nothing. This morning I moved the computer to another plug and upon clicking the button about 15-20 times it finally turned on. Seemed to be working fine so I powered down the machine and moved it back into my computer room and now there is no response when I press the power button.

I thought maybe one of the outlets was down so I again moved it back into the same room where I was able to power it up and now it wont power up at all. I don't think its my power supply because the when the back switch is turned on the light on the graphics card lights up as well as the light on my motherboard but I very well could be wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

My computer parts:
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
Intel Core I5-4670K
Asus GTX-760
Crucial Ballistix Sport XT - 16GB
H80i Cooler
Corsair RM series 750 watt power supply

Hi guys,

So I finished building my hackintosh a couple days ago and it powered up fine for the first day or so but now nothing happens when I press the power button. I unplugged everything from the PSU and plugged it back in but still nothing. This morning I moved the computer to another plug and upon clicking the button about 15-20 times it finally turned on. Seemed to be working fine so I powered down the machine and moved it back into my computer room and now there is no response when I press the power button.

I thought maybe one of the outlets was down so I again moved it back into the same room where I was able to power it up and now it wont power up at all. I don't think its my power supply because the when the back switch is turned on the light on the graphics card lights up as well as the light on my motherboard but I very well could be wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

My computer parts:
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
Intel Core I5-4670K
Asus GTX-760
Crucial Ballistix Sport XT - 16GB
H80i Cooler
Corsair RM series 750 watt power supply

Suggest you unlug drives and fans from the MB and all but 2 sticks of RAM to see if you can consistently power it up to the bios screen. If that doesn't work try with some other ram if you have or can borrow some. If that still doesn't work, even though the ps appears to be working, I'd try another one. If all fails, then you've got a bad MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back