Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Been using my hackintosh for over a year with no problems. Just tried to plug in my external hard drive that I have also been using with no problems but could find the port in the back as I wasn't looking directly at it. I touched the plug to the metal surrounding the ports and heard a buzzing sound. Then the computer shut off completely. Tried turning off power supply, unplugging it and putting it back in...nothing. Anyone have ANY idea what this could possibly be? I will open it up and look inside to see if there is any visible damage anywhere.

Been using my hackintosh for over a year with no problems. Just tried to plug in my external hard drive that I have also been using with no problems but could find the port in the back as I wasn't looking directly at it. I touched the plug to the metal surrounding the ports and heard a buzzing sound. Then the computer shut off completely. Tried turning off power supply, unplugging it and putting it back in...nothing. Anyone have ANY idea what this could possibly be? I will open it up and look inside to see if there is any visible damage anywhere.

Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Check the mains fuse.

Disconnect the power lead from the computer then press and hold in the on button for 30 secs.

With the power lead disconnected remove the CMOS battery (chrome coin shaped) from its socket on the motherboard. Wait 30 secs then put it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back