Graphics
EVGA GTX 660 3gb FTW
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi i am planning on building a hackintosh(obviously), however i understand that gigabyte motherboards are the best to work with. However i think that the MSI z87-g45 is best for me. Is there a difference between the two in terms of how easy it is to work with. If there is a massive difference between the two can anybody suggest an easier board to work with? It needs to be roughly the same in price and features. Here are the other parts for the build and if anybody can cast a critical eye over each part it would be greatly appreciated. I also want to duel boot windows 8 as well.

CPU- intel core i7 4770k
Ram -Corsair Vengeance 8gb
Boot drive- Samsung 840 evo 120gb
hdd- seagate barracuda
psu- corsair cxm 750 watts (is this a power overkill?)
gpu- EVGA gtx 660 FTW 3gb ddr5 memory
case- bitfenix shinobi window
windows 8 64 bit
osx mavericks
Mother board- MSI z87 g-45.
cooler- stock intel cooler( i havnt planned to overclock, but i may in the future however i will be gaming so is this good enough)

Of course there are other parts like the disk drive and the fans but i think that is everything. Thanks in advance and i will try and reply as quick as i can

PSU is oversized for the hardware you list and I would use the 840 Pro SSD rather than the EVO, but that is personal preference for MLC NAND vs TLC NAND.

Thnks for the quick response. What psu would you suggest.
go to http://images10.newegg.com/BizIntell/tool/psucalc/index.html
put in your hardware and calculate size.
select any PSU that is greater than the minimum recommended by about 50W if you don't plan another GPU. If you plan another GPU, add 200W
Any 80+ Bronze or better PSU will work OK, although personally I prefer the Seasonic, BeQuiet! or Corsair brands
For instance, for what you have now, this one would do fine - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151119

Thnks for the quick response. What psu would you suggest.

I've got one of the 650w Seasonic G series PSUs and it is really worth every penny.
Very quiet, reliable and energy efficient with a long warranty.

Thanks for that. I may add another gpu in SLI mode in the future so my psu is fine for the moment. Thank you once again. Earlier you said to for for the pro instead of the evo but it's more expensive. Is the difference noticeable?

Thanks for that. I may add another gpu in SLI mode in the future so my psu is fine for the moment. Thank you once again. Earlier you said to for for the pro instead of the evo but it's more expensive. Is the difference noticeable?
You won't see much difference in use, but at this time the MLC (Pro) NAND is more reliable than the TLC (EVO) NAND and the EVO is slightly slower write.
Warranty for the Pro is 5 years, for the EVO is 3 years.
If you are on a budget, go for the EVO.
If you need long term stability and reliability, go for the Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back