Contribute
Register

Combined U310/U410 Mavericks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will note that according to your ioreg, HDMI-audio is working:
View attachment 100539

Try with unpatched capri and see if that node goes away...

Okay so i should install the unpatched capri(i made earlier on the Desktop) via wizard kext? and repair permissions and rebuild cache via DPCIManager?

Okay so i should install the unpatched capri(i made earlier on the Desktop) via wizard kext? and repair permissions and rebuild cache via DPCIManager?

Yes... Then check to see if that node I pointed out goes away without the patched capri.

Yes... Then check to see if that node I pointed out goes away without the patched capri.

I installed the unpatched capri via wizard kext, repaired permissions and rebuilt cache in DPCIManager without any errors, reboot. checked it was installed via terminal(64b296d5c9bebb3b9a415e62114c7fb0) and then tested but still no audio. Im not exactly to sure what I'm looking for in regards to the node so I've attached a picture of the same directory in IOReg and also my IOReg file.

I have also tested on my Samsung TV and BenQ monitor just to see if it was the actual monitor which was the issue but still no success on both of them.
photo.JPG

IOReg.jpgView attachment My IOReg.ioreg

I installed the unpatched capri via wizard kext, repaired permissions and rebuilt cache in DPCIManager without any errors, reboot. checked it was installed via terminal(64b296d5c9bebb3b9a415e62114c7fb0) and then tested but still no audio. Im not exactly to sure what I'm looking for in regards to the node so I've attached a picture of the same directory in IOReg and also my IOReg file.

I have also tested on my Samsung TV and BenQ monitor just to see if it was the actual monitor which was the issue but still no success on both of them.
View attachment 100550

View attachment 100547View attachment 100549

Is the ioreg file with unpatched or patched capri?
Is it with the HDMI device attached? I ask because I don't see a second display being detected...

Is the ioreg file with unpatched or patched capri?
Is it with the HDMI device attached? I ask because I don't see a second display being detected...

That IOReg file is the one for the unpatched one and without the HDMI connected. Would you like me to connect the HDMI back up and send you another IOReg?

That IOReg file is the one for the unpatched one and without the HDMI connected. Would you like me to connect the HDMI back up and send you another IOReg?

Yes. Send both. With patched and without.

Hi, first, thanks for awesome guide, helped a lot. :clap:

Just one issue remaining:
Power management seems to be unable(or unwilling) to set processor frequency below 1.8Ghz. Actually, it stays around 2Ghz most of the time even when on battery with ~4% processor utilization.
Measured using Intel Power Gadget.

Any idea what might be wrong?
(everything is set up according to the guide, only bios is not patched)

Here you go. I did the md5 terminal command to check capri was patched and unpatched before hand.

View attachment 100561
View attachment 100562

Can't explain it...

I just tested HDMI-audio on my ProBook 4540s (Ivy/HD4000) and Samsung Plasma TV. And it works fine.

But...

- using Clover
- using 01660004 ig-platform-id (due to 1080p display)
- using Clover config.plist on-the-fly patches (derived from the patch I've given you)
- using Clover on-the-fly patched AppleHDA with (obviously) different audio codec

Have you tried up-to-date patched AppleHDA yet?

Here is one I happen to have laying around for your codec, attached...
Use the AppleHDA.kext inside the ZIP (the other files are for using Clover on-the-fly patching)

Attachments

• CX20672.zip
    864.1 KB · Views: 63
Can't explain it...

I just tested HDMI-audio on my ProBook 4540s (Ivy/HD4000) and Samsung Plasma TV. And it works fine.

But...

- using Clover
- using 01660004 ig-platform-id (due to 1080p display)
- using Clover config.plist on-the-fly patches (derived from the patch I've given you)
- using Clover on-the-fly patched AppleHDA with (obviously) different audio codec

Have you tried up-to-date patched AppleHDA yet?

Here is one I happen to have laying around for your codec, attached...
Use the AppleHDA.kext inside the ZIP (the other files are for using Clover on-the-fly patching)

Its a mystery... :/

Thanks. Do i just use kext wizard to install it? will it just overwrite the existing AppleHDA.kext without any issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back