Contribute
Register

Combined U310/U410 Mavericks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh okay, so am i right in thinking the AFGLowPowerState entry needs to be removed in the kext you have in order for it to work?

This one is without the AFGLowPowerState entry, attached...

Also, one other thing. After a patched AppleHDA fails, you may need to power down completely (not simply restart). In fact, sometimes it takes an EC reset (shutdown, remove all power sources including battery, hold power button 30 sec, put everything back & restart). It doesn't sound like that is the issue, as you've had success replacing with the original from post #1, but I thought I would mention it.

Attachments

• CX20672.zip
    864.1 KB · Views: 72

Also, one other thing. After a patched AppleHDA fails, you may need to power down completely (not simply restart). In fact, sometimes it takes an EC reset (shutdown, remove all power sources including battery, hold power button 30 sec, put everything back & restart). It doesn't sound like that is the issue, as you've had success replacing with the original from post #1, but I thought I would mention it.

That didn't work either. Same as the previous ones, the system audio is not working.

oh wait, i restarted the laptop again and the volume buttons are actually going up and down(instead of being greyed out like before) BUT there isn't any sound? :/ also theres seems to be some lag when the volume notches are going up and down...

EDIT: it was actually detecting the Apple TV volume. I turned the Apple TV off and it greyed out again.

oh wait, i restarted the laptop again and the volume buttons are actually going up and down(instead of being greyed out like before) BUT there isn't any sound? :/ also theres seems to be some lag when the volume notches are going up and down...

Try EC reset to be sure everything is in a neutral state. Also, post ioreg.

Otherwise, out of ideas... you'll have to wait for others (that actually own this hardware) to confirm/deny any problems with AppleHDA and HDMI-audio.

Edit: There is one more thing I could try. All of the Conexant HDAs are patched with 'ADI 1984' whereas this one is patched with 'ADI 1948B'. I could try with 'ADI 1984'... Let me know when you want to try it.

Try EC reset to be sure everything is in a neutral state. Also, post ioreg.

It was actually a Apple TV which was trying to control the volume, it has greyed out again as i have turn the Apple TV. Is there much else i can do as we've tried the latest AppleHDA.kext? Im beginning to think i should just leave the HDMI like this, without audio :/:?:

View attachment Jamz’s MacBook Pro.ioreg

Edit: There is one more thing I could try. All of the Conexant HDAs are patched with 'ADI 1984' whereas this one is patched with 'ADI 1948B'. I could try with 'ADI 1984'... Let me know when you want to try it.

Yeah sure, thank you. Its worth a shot.

It was actually a Apple TV which was trying to control the volume, it has greyed out again as i have turn the Apple TV. Is there much else i can do as we've tried the latest AppleHDA.kext? Im beginning to think i should just leave the HDMI like this, without audio :/:?:

View attachment 100576

Here's the kext patched with 'ADI 1984' instead of 'ADI 1984B'... Otherwise, same as the last.

Attachments

• CX20672.zip
    864.1 KB · Views: 59
Here's the kext patched with 'ADI 1984' instead of 'ADI 1984B'... Otherwise, same as the last.

That didn't work either. ill do a EC reset. if that doesn't work, i give up with the HDMI audio which is unfortunate because you have helped me so much with it, you've been great help regardless, sir. Thanks again, i wouldn't of got this far without your help.

Ill just move on to try get the brightness slider working, surely that can't be complicated as this was...

That didn't work either. ill do a EC reset. if that doesn't work, i give up with the HDMI audio which is unfortunate because you have helped me so much with it, you've been great help regardless, sir. Thanks again, i wouldn't of got this far without your help.

Hmm... it is not unusual to have later AppleHDA updates from Apple break certain codecs. This could be what is happening, requiring the rolllback. Of course, rollbacks have their own disadvantage in that other features can break just by using the rollback.

Hmm... it is not unusual to have later AppleHDA updates from Apple break certain codecs. This could be what is happening, requiring the rolllback. Of course, rollbacks have their own disadvantage in that other features can break just by using the rollback.

Would you advise doing a fresh install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back