Contribute
Register

Combined U310/U410 Mavericks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you use DPCIManager to rebuild cache? Did you check the logs for errors?

Everything looks good in ioreg (hda-gfx is injected for both IGPU and HDEF).

What do you see in SysPrefs->Sound when the HDMI-audio capable device is attached?

I used kext wizard to rebuild cache, Does it matter? I didn't think it would.

In Sound, all i see in 'Output' section is 'Internal Speakers' But i guess thats where the HDMI audio should be as its the Outputs. also in 'Input' i see 'Internal Microphone' but i guess that irrelevant.

I used kext wizard to rebuild cache, Does it matter? I didn't think it would.

Unless you monitor system.log during the cache rebuild, you won't know if there are errors preventing a new kernel cache from being generated. Thus the recommendation to use DPCIManager which shows the log.

In Sound, all i see in 'Output' section is 'Internal Speakers' But i guess thats where the HDMI audio should be as its the Outputs.

Yes.

Unless you monitor system.log during the cache rebuild, you won't know if there are errors preventing a new kernel cache from being generated. Thus the recommendation to use DPCIManager which shows the log.

Yes.

Should i reinstall the unpatched backup and try it again? this time using DPCIManager?

Should i reinstall the unpatched backup and try it again? this time using DPCIManager?

No. You seem to have the patched version installed. But you don't know if the patched version is being built into kernel cache. Rebuild cache with DPCIManager and monitor the log for errors.

No. You seem to have the patched version installed. But you don't know if the patched version is being built into kernel cache. Rebuild cache with DPCIManager and monitor the log for errors.

Im not sure if these are errors but theres warnings on the log. ill attach pictures. log part1.jpglog part2.jpg

Im not sure if these are errors but theres warnings on the log. ill attach pictures.View attachment 100523View attachment 100522

That is a successful rebuild. No errors, just (expected) warnings.

It could be you need a different patch when using MacBookAir5,2 (you could try MacBookPro9,x) or it could be something specific to the device you're trying to use (try a different device).

That is a successful rebuild. No errors, just (expected) warnings.

It could be you need a different patch when using MacBookAir5,2 (you could try MacBookPro9,x) or it could be something specific to the device you're trying to use (try a different device).

A different AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext patch? where can i find the relevant patch?

A different AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext patch? where can i find the relevant patch?

Try changing to MacBookPro9,x first. As for 'other' patch, I would start by comparing the one in post #1 with native and try to determine what was changed.

Try changing to MacBookPro9,x first. As for 'other' patch, I would start by comparing the one in post #1 with native and try to determine what was changed.

None of the Macbook Pro 9,x processors end with 'U' does that matter? before i change

None of the Macbook Pro 9,x processors end with 'U' does that matter? before i change

I think some things will break (webcam), but it is still worth trying...

Keep a backup of your current smbios.plist so it is easy to swap...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back