Contribute
Register

Combined U310/U410 Mavericks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So best to use an older Unibeast?

So best to use an older Unibeast?

Not necessarily. Just realize that if you use IGPlatformID, it won't work. In your case, you don't need to use it.

The IRQ patch you used is slightly different than the one in my repo. You might want to review why that is...

Otherwise, it could be that the AppleHDA needs to be patched from the updated Yosemite AppleHDA.

Can you suggest me which part that looks different from yours? Before I post I just try to patch AppleHDA by following this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/page-2#entry2030060 but it looks like this;

Permchais-MacBook-Air:~ EvilPete$ cd ~/Desktop/patch-hda
Permchais-MacBook-Air:patch-hda EvilPete$ ./patch-hda.pl -x 14F1506E
OSX version 10.10 detected
Default target codec: 14f1506e detected.
Patching AppleHDA codec 11d4198b with 14f1506e
No codec range comparisons require patching
<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleHDA</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Expect 2 matches</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>ixnUEQ==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>blDxFA==</data>
</dict>

Can you suggest me which part that looks different from yours?

It is obvious if you look at the preview window after selecting my "IRQ Fix" patch to your DSDT in MaciASL.

Before I post I just try to patch AppleHDA by following this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/page-2#entry2030060 but it looks like this;

Permchais-MacBook-Air:~ EvilPete$ cd ~/Desktop/patch-hda
Permchais-MacBook-Air:patch-hda EvilPete$ ./patch-hda.pl -x 14F1506E
OSX version 10.10 detected
Default target codec: 14f1506e detected.
Patching AppleHDA codec 11d4198b with 14f1506e
No codec range comparisons require patching
<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleHDA</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Expect 2 matches</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>ixnUEQ==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>blDxFA==</data>
</dict>

That is part of the puzzle -- patch-hda.pl is used to patch the AppleHDA binary. There are other components to patched AppleHDA, most of which you can borrow from the previous one. But you should understand what you're doing.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295001-guide-to-patch-applehda-for-your-codec/#entry1980947

There is also a script (by me) posted in this thread that you can use to create an AppleHDA once you have the various files "borrowed" from an existing one.

So I used
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes "Graphics Mode”=1366x768x32 -v[/COLOR]
And its still doing the same thing...

I also tried
Code:
GraphicsEnabler=No "Graphics Mode"=1366x768x32 -v

Issue persists...

So I used
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes "Graphics Mode”=1366x768x32 -v[/COLOR]
And its still doing the same thing...

I also tried
Code:
GraphicsEnabler=No "Graphics Mode"=1366x768x32 -v

Issue persists...

What is the "Issue"? Which bootloader? What is the content of your org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

With a multi-user thread like this, please use quoted replies.

What is the "Issue"? Which bootloader? What is the content of your org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

With a multi-user thread like this, please use quoted replies.

The issue is that I cant get the installer to boot without "-x"

Bootloader is chimera 4 i think? I used the latest unibeast to make the USB.

The issue is that I cant get the installer to boot without "-x"

Bootloader is chimera 4 i think? I used the latest unibeast to make the USB.

Assuming your profile is accurate... created the USB with "Laptop Support"... did not select "Legacy USB"... and you haven't changed anything on the USB after creating it with Unibeast... and you remove /Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext, update VoodooPS2Controller.kext, add GenericUSBXHCI.kext... then you should be able to boot with:

dart=0 -v

Assuming your profile is accurate... created the USB with "Laptop Support"... did not select "Legacy USB"... and you haven't changed anything on the USB after creating it with Unibeast... and you remove /Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext, update VoodooPS2Controller.kext, add GenericUSBXHCI.kext... then you should be able to boot with:

dart=0 -v
Am I supposed to do that to the USB drive with the installer, or after the install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back