Contribute
Register

Combined U310/U410 Mavericks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually both.
Ok.. so I remade the USB...removed the AppleACPIPlatflorm.kext and updated the other 2 kexts.

Then i tried booting using
Code:
dart=0 -v
and It seems to work but then i get a black screen

Ok.. so I remade the USB...removed the AppleACPIPlatflorm.kext and updated the other 2 kexts.

Then i tried booting using
Code:
dart=0 -v
and It seems to work but then i get a black screen

Try plugging in an HDMI monitor.

Try plugging in an HDMI monitor.

Upper half is distorted and gray. Lower half is black.

The boot command in post 1 still doesn't work. With or without the platform id. I used an older version of unibeast the one made for mavericks, so it would have chimera 2.22 in it.

Not sure why everything we throw at it refuses to work. Thanks for your help so far RehabMan.

Upper half is distorted and gray. Lower half is black.

Upper/lower half of what? HDMI screen or laptop screen?

The boot command in post 1 still doesn't work. With or without the platform id. I used an older version of unibeast the one made for mavericks, so it would have chimera 2.22 in it.

Not sure why everything we throw at it refuses to work. Thanks for your help so far RehabMan.

IGPlatformID is broken in Chimera4, so it makes sense the the flags in post #1 won't work with that bootloader.

Are you certain your laptop doesn't have dual-GPU (nvidia) or something?

Is there anything in the verbose output before the screen goes black that could indicate a problem?

Are you booting with AC plugged in? (not running on battery).

Do your brightness keys help?

Upper/lower half of what? HDMI screen or laptop screen?

IGPlatformID is broken in Chimera4, so it makes sense the the flags in post #1 won't work with that bootloader.

Are you certain your laptop doesn't have dual-GPU (nvidia) or something?

Is there anything in the verbose output before the screen goes black that could indicate a problem?

Are you booting with AC plugged in? (not running on battery).

Do your brightness keys help?

HDMI screen. Laptop screen is black.

1.) Right. Which is why I decided to remake the USB using an older unibeast.

2.) Yes I'm 100% positive that it doesn't contain dual graphics

3.) Not sure. Can't remember off the top of my head I'll try to watch closer tomorrow.

4.) Yes A/C adapter is plugged in.

5.) Nope.

HDMI screen. Laptop screen is black.

1.) Right. Which is why I decided to remake the USB using an older unibeast.

2.) Yes I'm 100% positive that it doesn't contain dual graphics

3.) Not sure. Can't remember off the top of my head I'll try to watch closer tomorrow.

4.) Yes A/C adapter is plugged in.

5.) Nope.

Are you certain the screen is 1366x768?

You could try different ig-platform-id values...

Please note that in Chimera2,the default IGPlatformID for HD4000 is not 01660003, so you need to use the flag. In Chimera3 it was changed to 01660003, as it works more often than the old default. Thus why you don't need to specify it on Chimera3+.

It is obvious if you look at the preview window after selecting my "IRQ Fix" patch to your DSDT in MaciASL.

That is part of the puzzle -- patch-hda.pl is used to patch the AppleHDA binary. There are other components to patched AppleHDA, most of which you can borrow from the previous one. But you should understand what you're doing.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295001-guide-to-patch-applehda-for-your-codec/#entry1980947

There is also a script (by me) posted in this thread that you can use to create an AppleHDA once you have the various files "borrowed" from an existing one.

I tried to patch IRQ Fix again and installed AppleHDA.kext from post#1 and my audio works fine. Both Brightness and iMessage problems are now fixed too.

Thanks so much for your help and support all the time I have problems. Have a nice day.

Are you certain the screen is 1366x768?

You could try different ig-platform-id values...

Yes, it is definitely 1366x768x32

RehabMan said:
Please note that in Chimera2,the default IGPlatformID for HD4000 is not 01660003, so you need to use the flag. In Chimera3 it was changed to 01660003, as it works more often than the old default. Thus why you don't need to specify it on Chimera3+.

The boot command in the 1st post still makes it act like it is working and then switch to the Apple Logo with a cursor that then changes to the pinwheel. I've let it sit for 30+ minutes. No luck.

I'll try again this evening.

I may record a small youtube video for you to be able to see it..

Think I'll have better luck with Yosemite? J/K.

Yes, it is definitely 1366x768x32

The boot command in the 1st post still makes it act like it is working and then switch to the Apple Logo with a cursor that then changes to the pinwheel. I've let it sit for 30+ minutes. No luck.

I'll try again this evening.

I may record a small youtube video for you to be able to see it..

Think I'll have better luck with Yosemite? J/K.

Do you have the latest BIOS? Did you try resetting BIOS?

Running out of ideas for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back