Contribute
Register

Clover to OC Migration Attempt - Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on Mojave 10.14.3

btw, i tried to get pictures of the verbose text when I usually loose USB functionality but is just too fast so i took a video and had screenshots instead.

The attached is just what I have on the screen right around the time the USB usually dies out.

Will definitely look into the link you've recommended. I really appreciate your taking time to help me out.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
I'm on Mojave 10.14.3

btw, i tried to get pictures of the verbose text when I usually loose USB functionality but is just too fast so i took a video and had screenshots instead.

The attached is just what I have on the screen right around the time the USB usually dies out.

Will definitely look into the link you've recommended. I really appreciate your taking time to help me out.
it may also be worth updating your kexts, Lilu is now at version 1.6.0 for example

it may also be worth updating your kexts, Lilu is now at version 1.6.0 for example
just would like to report back. I got the same behaviour after I've updated the kexts.

might take me some time to finish the thread you've recommended but I'll sure look into it.

Thank you very much.

just would like to report back. I got the same behaviour after I've updated the kexts.

might take me some time to finish the thread you've recommended but I'll sure look into it.

Thank you very much.
yes, have a read on setting up your usb ports from the link, it is quite informative

alright so I was able to map may usb ports then let hackintool generate the usb kext and .aml files. I've put them inside the kext and ACPI folders then took a snapshot. Unfortunately, USB still dies right about the same point during the loading process.

Oh, I've also taken out USBinjectall and disabled the xchiport limit entry under quirks

alright so I was able to map may usb ports then let hackintool generate the usb kext and .aml files. I've put them inside the kext and ACPI folders then took a snapshot. Unfortunately, USB still dies right about the same point during the loading process.

Oh, I've also taken out USBinjectall and disabled the xchiport limit entry under quirks
you use either:
USBPorts.kext

or USBInjectAll.kext + aml file

you use either:
USBPorts.kext

or USBInjectAll.kext + aml file
I see. Let me try those 2 options then.

Is the one with usbinjectall + ssdt with xhciport enabled and the one with usbport kext xhciport disabled?

I see. Let me try those 2 options then.

Is the one with usbinjectall + ssdt with xhciport enabled and the one with usbport kext xhciport disabled?
xhciport should always be disabled whichever option you use

so I've tried both options with each one having xchiport disabled unfortunately I got the same result. It's like USB just dies 1-2 seconds after verbose mode starts and it would not like to power back on. Was able to still get to the desktop on both. Saw that ethernet and audio were working but could not get further since both mouse and keyboard are dead. :beachball:

so I've tried both options with each one having xchiport disabled unfortunately I got the same result. It's like USB just dies 1-2 seconds after verbose mode starts and it would not like to power back on. Was able to still get to the desktop on both. Saw that ethernet and audio were working but could not get further since both mouse and keyboard are dead. :beachball:
zip and upload your EFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back