CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I have purchased a new Samsung 870 EVO SSD to install a fresh Catalina to replace my current Yosemite that I run from another SSD.
I have created a bootable USB with Unibeast 10.3.0 and got Catalina installed on my Samsung SSD. But when it reboots after install and boots to Clover it doesn't see Catalina disk at all.
I have non UEFI , Award BIOS Legacy type and what I tried is to make sure that AFPS Driver is available in EFI drivers directory and it actually is there. Why Clover is not showing that Catalina drive then ?
Any advise ? Thanks !
My hardware details are in signature in case you are wondering...

My hardware details are in signature in case you are wondering...
Not the source of your problem but your Radeon HD 6870 is unsupported in Catalina.

Not the source of your problem but your Radeon HD 6870 is unsupported in Catalina.
I was expecting something like that, what version still supports it ? High Sierra , Mojave perhaps ? Is there some wiki you could possibly point me to look ?

Try the forum Search tool.

I was expecting something like that, what version still supports it ? High Sierra , Mojave perhaps ? Is there some wiki you could possibly point me to look ?
Lack of Metal (Apple's graphics framework) support. No support for Mojave and later. High Sierra maybe.

Lack of Metal (Apple's graphics framework) support. No support for Mojave and later. High Sierra maybe.
Hi thanks, I am wondering if I try High Sierra with AFPS partition would I face the same issue with not... I had the driver there in EFI , not sure what's wrong.. Anyway let me try High Sierra and see if there is any luck.

So I have installed High Sierra, by default it's converting the disk to AFPS I believe, and after reboot, clover still does not see HighSierra partition... The AFPS driver is in place, I used Unibeast from the Guide... so not sure what's happening ? Any clue ?

So I have installed High Sierra, by default it's converting the disk to AFPS I believe, and after reboot, clover still does not see HighSierra partition... The AFPS driver is in place, I used Unibeast from the Guide... so not sure what's happening ? Any clue ?
i have moved your posts to High Sierra support

Hi there.

Can you check the firmware on your Samsung SSD is the latest? Their Magician software will help but it's Windows only.

Older versions of the EVO and Pro models need this latest firmware to be usable under macOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back