Contribute
Register

Clover installation of Catalina gets stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
First you have to mount the EFI partition.

This can be done in many ways for example EFIMounter.

Thank you P1lgrim, I really appreciate your help, I know that all of this is pretty basic to you guys but I'm just an humble first timer. Thank you for understanding

So I used EFI mounter to mount the UBS stick EFI partition and put SSDT-EC.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

I tried to install from the pen again and now it gets stuck even before the "1689" line.
So it seems it got worse somehow

IMG_4819.jpg

So it seems it got worse somehow
ACPI errors are usually the result of enabling too many incorrect/unnecessary DSDT fixes in the config.plist or the inclusion of incorrect SSDT files.

zip and attach your /EFI folder.

ACPI errors are usually the result of enabling too many incorrect/unnecessary DSDT fixes in the config.plist or the inclusion of incorrect SSDT files.

zip and attach your /EFI folder.

I haven't enabled anything or any fix int DSDT in the config.plist, I don't even know what is "DSDT" or the "config.plist".
My USB installation pen was just made in Unibeast, thats it, no changes made.

I've just added the SSDT-EC.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched because it was a solution for 1689 problems

With the absence of any other diagnostic information I am unable to offer any further suggestions.

Last edited:
With the absence of any other diagnostic information I am able to offer any further suggestions.

What other diagnostic information could I do or test?

Let me know and I will do it, at the moment I only have the photos of the verbose mode

I've only seen your message now.
After our last messages I followed the instructions in this link:

And changed the config.plist as their instructions, and tried it again, the installation process went much much further, but still failed at some point.
Its really late here and Im really tired, I will try again in the next days, one need a lot of time for this has its a lot of new stuff and a lot of problems and setbacks to solve

Thank you for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back