Contribute
Register

Clover installation immediately crashes computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The EFI mounter does not display an option to select the USB. I assume this means the USB is not a boot disk. Which means something is going wrong with creating the disk. CSRUTIL is disabled, the latest version of Unibeast was used and it reported a success. It was created using USB3 ports. The only difference I see from the graphics on the guide is that I do not get the GUID Partition Map offered when I format the USB.

The EFI mounter does not display an option to select the USB. I assume this means the USB is not a boot disk. Which means something is going wrong with creating the disk. CSRUTIL is disabled, the latest version of Unibeast was used and it reported a success. It was created using USB3 ports. The only difference I see from the graphics on the guide is that I do not get the GUID Partition Map offered when I format the USB.
make sure to erase your drive properly

choose view - show all devices in diskutility and make sure to erase the actual drive

Okay, missed that on my read through of instructions. Thanks.

Creates working install disc but only runs about 2/3 of the way through and I get a null sign and everything stops. Tried the USB and Video options available but none seem to make a difference. I do not see an option to run the install in verbose mode to try to get a better idea of what is going on. Target disc does not show up on initial screen, but BIOS recognizes it (it is a formatted blank SSD). Is there a way to force Verbose from Clover install screen

Still getting no where with this. I dug through the archives to find out you need to press the space bar to get to the clover menu. Set it to verbose and get exactly the same Apple icon to null sign.
What is going on during the time the computer is displaying the icon? Is it setting up the install info or is it actively installing. When does verbose kick in?

Still getting no where with this. I dug through the archives to find out you need to press the space bar to get to the clover menu. Set it to verbose and get exactly the same Apple icon to null sign.
What is going on during the time the computer is displaying the icon? Is it setting up the install info or is it actively installing. When does verbose kick in?

Hi there.

If by "Null" icon you mean a prohibited or no-entry sign then that indicates that your UniBeast installer, if it was created correctly, is in a USB port that has become deactivated. This can happen in the gap between the Clover bootloader completing its tasks and the OS taking over.

Try a different USB port, usually the ones next to the PS/2 port.

If they don't work then place the USBInjectAll.kext into the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder of the EFI partition on your UniBeast installer USB stick.

:)

verbose kicks in when you select to boot verbose

Hi there.

If by "Null" icon you mean a prohibited or no-entry sign then that indicates that your UniBeast installer, if it was created correctly, is in a USB port that has become deactivated. This can happen in the gap between the Clover bootloader completing its tasks and the OS taking over.

Try a different USB port, usually the ones next to the PS/2 port.

If they don't work then place the USBInjectAll.kext into the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder of the EFI partition on your UniBeast installer USB stick.

:)
Thanks, that got me to the install screen and I worked my way through that to getting a copy up and running. However, the display is not working properly. Cannot get the two screens to do anything but mirror. injecting intel at the Clover screen gets me to a basis video but not to multiple displays. Multibeast has an option for an intel driver (coffee lake) but build fails selecting that one. I am running an older Gigabyte Z97. I am going to dig through the archives some more and then probably get a new video card through this site.

Thanks again, your answer to my initial problem was very helpful and pointed me to where I needed to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back