CPU
Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
About a week ago I finished my first ever hackintosh build, installed clover and Mac OSX El Capitan was working like a charm. No problems with apple id, internet, sound anything! Beginners luck?

This past week I decided I should get another SSD and load up Windows to have a dual boot hackintosh. I followed the install directions to the T, everything loaded correctly, I was able to change the bios to go to clover as a boot loader and could easily access Mac or Windows 10.

Not 10 minutes later I noticed that my ethernet does not work in Windows, however it works just fine in OSX. I am wondering if I need to copy my clover boot logs to the windows drive as well or if there is anyway else to fix this issue.

Hardware:
MB - Gigabyte G1 Gaming GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5
CPU - i5 4690K
GPU - NA
WiFi - NA
Memory - Crucial 16 gb sport low profile

About a week ago I finished my first ever hackintosh build, installed clover and Mac OSX El Capitan was working like a charm. No problems with apple id, internet, sound anything! Beginners luck?

This past week I decided I should get another SSD and load up Windows to have a dual boot hackintosh. I followed the install directions to the T, everything loaded correctly, I was able to change the bios to go to clover as a boot loader and could easily access Mac or Windows 10.

Not 10 minutes later I noticed that my ethernet does not work in Windows, however it works just fine in OSX. I am wondering if I need to copy my clover boot logs to the windows drive as well or if there is anyway else to fix this issue.

Hardware:
CPU - i5 4690K
GPU - NA
WiFi - NA

There is a driver DVD that came with your Gigabyte board. This DVD has the drivers for all of the chips on your board - audio, NIC, etc. You need to install these drivers in Windows for the chips to work in Windows. Or, instead of the DVD, you can go to Gigabyte site, look up your board, select support-downloads and download the latest drivers since the ones on the DVD may not be the latest.

Hardware:
CPU - i5 4690K
GPU - NA
WiFi - NA

I'm planning on running windows 10 after I have OSX up and running. Can you give me a breakdown on how you got both operating system booting and working with two hard drives. I've find conflicting information every time I search this topic online. I also have Gigabyte z97 motherboard
Thanks!

I'm planning on running windows 10 after I have OSX up and running. Can you give me a breakdown on how you got both operating system booting and working with two hard drives. I've find conflicting information every time I search this topic online. I also have Gigabyte z97 motherboard
Thanks!

What type of Win10 installation media do you have? If downloading ISO file from Microsoft approved site and creating a USB installer use the MS download tool to create the USB. Rufus sometimes does not include the UEFI installer files and you need to install Win10 UEFI so Clover EFI can boot it.

Thanks!

I'd like to know this as well. I'll be using the official ISO downloaded from Microsoft.

I'd like to know this as well. I'll be using the official ISO downloaded from Microsoft.

What I did was to follow the Installation Guide for El Capitan to install it to a 2.5" laptop drive I had on hand.
Then I disconnected the SATA drive and installed a Samsung XP941 in the m.2 socket on the X99M Killer.
Booted Win10 USB, Shift+F10 at the install screen to open a terminal window.

Type the following with enter at the end of each line (\\\ before type = info only, do not type this):
list disk \\\ this is to identify disk number (shows up as disk 0)
select disk 0
clean
convert gpt
exit
exit

then continue installation of Windows, selecting the free space on the drive to install Windows

What I did was to follow the Installation Guide for El Capitan to install it to a 2.5" laptop drive I had on hand.
Then I disconnected the SATA drive and installed a Samsung XP941 in the m.2 socket on the X99M Killer.
Booted Win10 USB, Shift+F10 at the install screen to open a terminal window.

Type the following with enter at the end of each line (\\\ before type = info only, do not type this):
list disk \\\ this is to identify disk number (shows up as disk 0)
select disk 0
clean
convert gpt
exit
exit

then continue installation of Windows, selecting the free space on the drive to install Windows

Does this create a partition on the drive or do you have to do that before you open the terminal window?

Does this create a partition on the drive or do you have to do that before you open the terminal window?

All I did was clean the drive and convert it to GPT - no partitions were created (it is like a brand new drive that has never been initialized). Windows installer will create its own partitions as part of the install process.

All I did was clean the drive and convert it to GPT - no partitions were created (it is like a brand new drive that has never been initialized). Windows installer will create its own partitions as part of the install process.

EDIT: Disregard below. I didn't realize I had to launch into diskpart first from the command prompt. Install has begun. Fingers crossed!

Is there a particular place where I'm supposed to go to the command prompt? I was trying it at the "Where do you want to install Windows" screen. I pressed Shift+F10 and the command prompt came up, however none of the commands were recognized. For example, it was telling me: 'list' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Do I have to go to a specific directory to input the commands? The default directory is X:\Sources once I enter command prompt. Thanks for your help so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back