Contribute
Register

Clover crashing on 'scanning entries' because of software RAID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm not sure then. The config file I sent you was just your previous one slightly altered. It was the only one that would open in Clover Configurator. Are you using this to edit the plist? I highly recommend that just in case something is going funny.

All i can do is attach MY config file that does disable scanning entries and works on mine. If it doesn't work, then there's another problem I'm not experiencing.

View attachment config - GOOD DEC 2015.plist

I have 4 disks connected to Intel sata ports but they all looks like external drive. maybe that's the reason for problem. Can you post your boot log ? I would like to compare it with mine. In my log, it founds drives and skips except match for custom entries.

Yeah I don't think that has anything to do with it. I think it's a Clover bug, really. My exact same RAID setup worked fine under Chameleon. I can't understand why anyone would WANT a system to crash on scanning for hard drives, even if one of those drives was playing up (as is the case with my RAID - it's only 1 of the drives that does it).

Thank you very much for your help, i also think there is nothing to do ..

Thanks BenJackson for writing this post, it helped a lot! I was using SoftRAID in a RAID 5 configuration and the instructions here got the RAID array back online!

Thanks BenJackson for writing this post, it helped a lot! I was using SoftRAID in a RAID 5 configuration and the instructions here got the RAID array back online!

That's awesome! I'm so glad to hear that. :)

Sounds like someone here might be able to help me.
I have a gigabyte ga-z68x-ud5-b3 with BOIS=f10 which is running a Hybrid EFI.
I have a RocketRaid 2720SGL with 6 240 ssd's in 3 raid0 (windows10, Yosemite, El Capitan, and two 3tb sata for Windows install dir.. (steam games)
On the mainboard I have 5 sata plugged in. A dvd, and a few more hard drives ( 13 drives in all for this system ).

The issue I'm having is no matter what I try I can not get Clover Boot loader to Boot any drive plugged into the raid card.
Chimera, Chameleon, and windows EFI boots fine. I have un-plugged everything and with my removable bays I have been able to swap from raid to mainboard for testing.

Clover boots from mainboard, USB etc. Never from RocketRaid 2720SGL.
RocketRaid was on stock firmware 1.5, So I just updated it to 1.14. Still nothing.

Dose anyone have something I can try?
Thanks

Unfortunately this thread was not to solve the problem of booting from a RAID. I don't think you'll ever get that working as Clover is mean about many RAIDs. You'll have to have a non-RAID boot drive, then your RAID can show up in the Finder once you follow this thread.

benjackson,
Thanks for the reply.
I'll keep looking for a way to get it to boot with Enoch then. At least it try's, so I'll go though the boot errors and see what I can figure out..

That thread is - or, luckily, was - a real life saving one.

Thanks so much, I was about to give up using a raid0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back