Asus B85M-G
CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi,

I've just tried to update from Sierra to High Sierra following this tutorial: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/ Guide: Update Directly to macOS High Sierra (APFS).
I did sth wrong in the step number 2. I installed EFI mounter V3, run it and mount EFI partition choosing a disk from the dropdown. I also installed new clover. I didn't add any kexts and just reboot my computer. After the reebot, clover shows there is no Mac partition to boot.
I assume it's sth with wrong this mounted EFI partition, but how can I access / boot mac to change that?

edit.
I didn't make any changes into the bios settings. I boot 'other os' and from the bios boot preview I can see that MacOS partition is there

Hi,

I've just tried to update from Sierra to High Sierra following this tutorial: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/ Guide: Update Directly to macOS High Sierra (APFS).
I did sth wrong in the step number 2. I installed EFI mounter V3, run it and mount EFI partition choosing a disk from the dropdown. I also installed new clover. I didn't add any kexts and just reboot my computer. After the reebot, clover shows there is no Mac partition to boot.
I assume it's sth with wrong this mounted EFI partition, but how can I access / boot mac to change that?

edit.
I didn't make any changes into the bios settings. I boot 'other os' and from the bios boot preview I can see that MacOS partition is there

Hi there.

It sounds as though you might have a second drive installed and have mounted the wrong one, placing the Clover bootloader on the drive which does not have a macOS installation. The reason I think this is because when you used EFI Mounter v3.1 you say you had to: "... choosing a disk from the dropdown". There is only a choice if you have more than one possible destination. So ...

Do you still have your original Sierra UniBeast installer USB ? If so, you can use that to boot your installation. There may be glitches and lack of sound etc. etc. but hopefully at least that will get you into the system.

If that does not work you can always use the Terminal app on the UniBeast installer drive to move/remove the incorrect EFI folder, manually.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back