Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok this is my first build, i was fine tuning everything for 2 weeks than i got a ssd and moved everything on that (was a challenge by itself) now i think i have everything set besides one thing. When i turn on my pc and it reaches the clover bootloader screen it does not select boot device by it self it rather waits for my input (to select where it should boot from) Now thats not a big deal but i have a bluetooth keyboard so on every boot i have to connect a usb keyboard make the selection and than unplug it which is rather inconvenient.

Specs:
Intel I7 - 2600k
Asus p8z68-v pro/gen3
Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
OCZ ARC 100 SSD (Trim enabled)

Multibeast 8.0.1
Clover v2.3k r3320 UEFI

I do not know if you need any additional info, this is my first try at this so please be gentle =) Thanks everyone!

Set boot volume and timeout in config.plist
PHP:
    <key>Boot</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DefaultVolume</key>
        <string>MacSSD</string>
        <key>Timeout</key>
        <integer>2</integer>

</dict>

Set boot volume and timeout in config.plist
PHP:
    <key>Boot</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DefaultVolume</key>
        <string>MacSSD</string>
        <key>Timeout</key>
        <integer>2</integer>

</dict>

This is how my config.plist is now:

<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>dart=0</string>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>OS X</string>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>
<key>Log</key>
<true/>
<key>Secure</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>3</integer>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<string>NO</string>
</dict>

First i want to say thank you for taking your time to help me. Second, it still waits for my input.. If i select my ssd and it fails to boot on the second restart it will auto select the ssd and start timeout, not when i first turn on the pc after a shutdown.

This is how my config.plist is now:

<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>dart=0</string>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>OS X</string>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>
<key>Log</key>
<true/>
<key>Secure</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>3</integer>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<string>NO</string>
</dict>

First i want to say thank you for taking your time to help me. Second, it still waits for my input.. If i select my ssd and it fails to boot on the second restart it will auto select the ssd and start timeout, not when i first turn on the pc after a shutdown.

According to Clover wiki, setting timeout value to 0 boots straight to OS X without waiting.

According to Clover wiki, setting timeout value to 0 boots straight to OS X without waiting.
Well i do not mind the waiting the thing is it just waits for my input regardless of the settings. Then when i manually select my osx ssd it fails to boot. Restart and then i see the auto selection timer and it boots successfully

Well i do not mind the waiting the thing is it just waits for my input regardless of the settings. Then when i manually select my osx ssd it fails to boot. Restart and then i see the auto selection timer and it boots successfully

In your OP you noted you had moved to a SSD from a HDD. Did you have Clover installed to the EFI of the HDD? From the sound of your problem, you might have 2 bootloaders booting alternately. Make sure the SSD EFI Clover boot loader is the only Clover boot loader on the system.

In your OP you noted you had moved to a SSD from a HDD. Did you have Clover installed to the EFI of the HDD? From the sound of your problem, you might have 2 bootloaders booting alternately. Make sure the SSD EFI Clover boot loader is the only Clover boot loader on the system.
how can i check that sir? thank you.

how can i check that sir? thank you.

In terminal run diskutil list and identify your drive. Use EFI mounter or terminal command to mount the EFI partition for each drive that has one. If any drive that is not your boot drive has an EFI folder in its EFI partition, delete it. Then launch disk utility and resize your last partition to be smaller then do it again to recover the free space. This removes Clover boot files from the drives MBR.

In terminal run diskutil list and identify your drive. Use EFI mounter or terminal command to mount the EFI partition for each drive that has one. If any drive that is not your boot drive has an EFI folder in its EFI partition, delete it. Then launch disk utility and resize your last partition to be smaller then do it again to recover the free space. This removes Clover boot files from the drives MBR.
thank you will do.

what i discovered is that if i have a usb keyboard connected when i turn on my pc, the auto countdown starts. If i don't i doesn't....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back