Contribute
Register

Clover Booting Guide: Z77X-UD5H- HD4000+GT640

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what I try, I'm too stupid to figure it out :(...

I'm on F14 and tried various settings. Now I'm at the point it goes to sleep, but doesn't give any output when it's woken up. I tried booting with MacPro3,1 and that KP's directly when I log in.

Before I was on Chameleon and had the DSDT injection of the GPU, still had to use the sleep/wake trick. Then I made a USB stick and enabled the GI (and the FB). It worked, most of the time. The grey vertical stripes did also appear when I was browsing or watching a movie for example, so the DSDT injection wasn't the fix for longer time.

No matter what I try, I'm too stupid to figure it out :(...

I'm on F14 and tried various settings. Now I'm at the point it goes to sleep, but doesn't give any output when it's woken up. I tried booting with MacPro3,1 and that KP's directly when I log in.

Before I was on Chameleon and had the DSDT injection of the GPU, still had to use the sleep/wake trick. Then I made a USB stick and enabled the GI (and the FB). It worked, most of the time. The grey vertical stripes did also appear when I was browsing or watching a movie for example, so the DSDT injection wasn't the fix for longer time.

-----------------------------------------------------------

FIRST, set your bios using this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

Clover isn't exactly friendly with Ati GPUs. Plus, it is easier getting the Ati cards working with the method I gave you earlier using Uni/Multi Beast.

It also has a tendency of writing to the bios:
[h=3]Remove Clover OS X Boot[/h]
Don't get discouraged!

Ritey ..

Hey guys,

Do you think Clover will work with my build? Here are my specs:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...a-z77x-ud5h-i7-3770-ivy-bridge-gtx-670-a.html

Right now I'm using Chimera and I have a perfectly working 10.8.2 build (sleep working fine). I'm not using HD4000 however.

I would like to try Clover but worried I won't have stability. Can someone look at my components and suggest if it's worth upgrading?

Thanks.

Hey guys,

Do you think Clover will work with my build? Here are my specs:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...a-z77x-ud5h-i7-3770-ivy-bridge-gtx-670-a.html

Right now I'm using Chimera and I have a perfectly working 10.8.2 build (sleep working fine). I'm not using HD4000 however.

I would like to try Clover but worried I won't have stability. Can someone look at my components and suggest if it's worth upgrading?

Thanks.
if your gpu have uefi gop compatible bios then disable csm and use clover,if u dont have UEFI GOP compatible vga bios then get one.
clover works perfect for this board.

-----------------------------------------------------------

FIRST, set your bios using this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

Clover isn't exactly friendly with Ati GPUs. Plus, it is easier getting the Ati cards working with the method I gave you earlier using Uni/Multi Beast.

It also has a tendency of writing to the bios:
[h=3]Remove Clover OS X Boot[/h]
Don't get discouraged!

Ritey ..

I know I know, but my board wants to be exotic.

I reflashed my 7970 GPU with the AMD 7970 GHz edition, which has been edited through HexEdit to include a hybrid EFI, which was taken from a MSI reference hybrid EFI. This way my 7970 is compatible with UEFI.
I finally got the system working because of FakeSMC.kext. This comes in a couple of variations, including the GPUSensor.kext. This doesn't work with the 7970, so it KP's the system. I got a clean version, so system works.

The gray stripes remained, but only with GI in combination with Aji as framebuffer. Without GI, no correct injection.
The trick for my board is to turn ON CSM... It works, it doesn't buffer the card so it "overflows". I don't know why it works, but if anyone can tell me "okay, if that works for you that's even better or good" I'd be happy. Every guide tells me to turn it OFF, so it feels wrong.
And yes, it boots in UEFI mode, because the GPU doesn't need the sleep/wake trick. I installed OS X through Clover in UEFI mode: it created a recovery HD. The Install.ESD was fully UNTOUCHED. So I have a very vanilla installation :).

Any luck, Toleda?
Lots of fun updating the BIOS. Flash success, no video on restart. Finally got video on the 570 a couple of hours later. New BIOS (0902) has the CSM option, reports IGFX Intel GOP Driver 3.0.15.1016 DP 2. Unfortunately, I cannot save the BIOS to CMOS with CSM disabled; auto or enabled, OK. Call to Asus support required. As well, PMPatch fails On top of all that, I plugged my Clover USB in the machine and it has become unreadable; working Clover config gone. No luck to this point.

At what point is the installer not working?
Black screen with a blinking cursor when you are trying to boot off of the USB partition?

Boot process takes me to Clover screen where I select the boot volume.
Booting proceeds until a gray/white screen appears with the cursor as a spinning beach ball.
Get stuck at the spinning beach ball.

Thanks.

if your gpu have uefi gop compatible bios then disable csm and use clover,if u dont have UEFI GOP compatible vga bios then get one.
clover works perfect for this board.

Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like my graphics card (Gigabyte GTX 670) has a UEFI BIOS (version F5). I updated to that version earlier today with no issues.

Before I dive into this, do I need to have a special version of UEFI on the motherboard? I'm running F14 right now. Earlier in the thread, there was talk about some custom BIOS (F15t?).

Also, a few pages back I found a link to some Google Drive files that might be useful. Is that a good starting point?

Thanks everyone for helping!

Lots of fun updating the BIOS. Flash success, no video on restart. Finally got video on the 570 a couple of hours later. New BIOS (0902) has the CSM option, reports IGFX Intel GOP Driver 3.0.15.1016 DP 2. Unfortunately, I cannot save the BIOS to CMOS with CSM disabled; auto or enabled, OK. Call to Asus support required. As well, PMPatch fails On top of all that, I plugged my Clover USB in the machine and it has become unreadable; working Clover config gone. No luck to this point.
it wass same for me when i have no UEFI GOP on discrete vga.
Same never wanna save bios settings.
I think its normal like that.
Bios check for GOP on vga and then if not fount it revert to default workign state?
i would like to suggest that u update your GOP driver to Intel GOP Driver ver 1.0.2.3.
Just extract it from latest gigabyte beta bioses and replace with yours(all 3 files IntelSAGopDriver,IntelIBGOpdriver,and IntelSNBGopdriver,
ofcource only if u have flash back feature or dual bios

Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like my graphics card (Gigabyte GTX 670) has a UEFI BIOS (version F5). I updated to that version earlier today with no issues.

Before I dive into this, do I need to have a special version of UEFI on the motherboard? I'm running F14 right now. Earlier in the thread, there was talk about some custom BIOS (F15t?).

Also, a few pages back I found a link to some Google Drive files that might be useful. Is that a good starting point?

Thanks everyone for helping!
its F15R mod4 from STASIO
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/48085-gigabyte-modified-bios-101.html
http://www.mediafire.com/?5800vcn95cds2q9

Its my google drive and it have all u need if u read it.
i know its bad english,its not finished and i need to update it with latest version but its all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back