Contribute
Register

Clover Booting Guide: Z77X-UD5H- HD4000+GT640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the guide on the first page updated completely? Or are there fixes scattered about that require reading through everything? I'm fine with either, but if it's scattered I may just compile everything myself and make a new post. I have this board and a 660 twin frozr oc that I'll be installing on after I finish my case in a day or so, first time using clover. i'm prepared for trial and error here, but if someone has already made a newer up-to-date guide or the first page is already updated, that's even better.

My goal is to have speedstep and power management working properly along with firewire and maybe HDMI audio. This computer is for audio production mostly. Hdmi audio (for my lcd's that have hdmi audio speakers) will enable me to not have to have my studio monitors on for trivial sounds like system alerts and maybe a game here or there.

full specs:
Z77X-UD5H
32GB Ram
Intel Corei7 3770k
MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr OC
Sandisk 240GB ssd
2 1TB 7200 RPM SATA
Corsair AX750 fully modular PSU
NZXT Kraken X40 liquid cooler
NZXT threaded PSU cables
Dual Asus VN247H-P monitors
Modified g5 tower with front panel cable from blackch http://g5atxcables.weebly.com/g5-atx-adapter-cables.html

Firewire is essential to work reliably for me as my audio interfaces are firewire.

I'm sorry if my post is interrupting to the discussion, my goal is to have things working properly and not just surface fixes which makes me think clover seems to be a better option than chimera. am i wrong? is clover the best route for me?

I notice I seem to have a near identical setup as xpamamadeus, so that should make it easier i suppose.

anyone use last F16c BIOS?

It's looks more stale and faster.....

Is the guide on the first page updated completely? Or are there fixes scattered about that require reading through everything? I'm fine with either, but if it's scattered I may just compile everything myself and make a new post. I have this board and a 660 twin frozr oc that I'll be installing on after I finish my case in a day or so, first time using clover. i'm prepared for trial and error here, but if someone has already made a newer up-to-date guide or the first page is already updated, that's even better.

My goal is to have speedstep and power management working properly along with firewire and maybe HDMI audio. This computer is for audio production mostly. Hdmi audio (for my lcd's that have hdmi audio speakers) will enable me to not have to have my studio monitors on for trivial sounds like system alerts and maybe a game here or there.

full specs:
Z77X-UD5H
32GB Ram
Intel Corei7 3770k
MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr OC
Sandisk 240GB ssd
2 1TB 7200 RPM SATA
Corsair AX750 fully modular PSU
NZXT Kraken X40 liquid cooler
NZXT threaded PSU cables
Dual Asus VN247H-P monitors
Modified g5 tower with front panel cable from blackch http://g5atxcables.weebly.com/g5-atx-adapter-cables.html

Firewire is essential to work reliably for me as my audio interfaces are firewire.

I'm sorry if my post is interrupting to the discussion, my goal is to have things working properly and not just surface fixes which makes me think clover seems to be a better option than chimera. am i wrong? is clover the best route for me?

I notice I seem to have a near identical setup as xpamamadeus, so that should make it easier i suppose.

The guide is not complete for the newest revisions. It is an example of what you need to do to compile a version for yourself. You will need to read the latest changes list to see how to configure your boot.plist.

xpamamadeus has an up to date log and guide including plists and a modded DSDT.

interested too...

can anyone post right plist for last version pls?

Thank you xpamamadeus for the great comprehensive guide!

I have followed the steps found here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...-clover-uefi-installtweak-guide/#entry1918966 and have successfully UEFI booted using Clover v1858!

My machine does have a couple of issues though:

1. Sleep/wake isn't working for me. Either the display (DVI) doesn't turn back on after sleep or if it does the USB keyboard won't work. CSM is disabled in BIOS and I'm under the impression that the F15-r BIOS includes UEFI for the HD4000.
I created a fresh new patched dsdt using Pjalms's AIO + HD4000 which seems to have cleared up my sleep issues!

1. Clover won't boot my Windows 8 drive (legacy boot) even though it shows up in the menu.
I did a fresh UEFI Windows 8 install and now can boot to it using Clover!:):)

I'm using the Z77X-UD5H with F15r-mod4 BIOS from TT and an i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz w/ Turbo Boost on. No GFX card, just the HD4000 IGX. Here is my View attachment dsdt.aml.zip from CLOVER/OEM/Z77X-UD5H/UEFI/ACPI/PATCHED and my View attachment config.plist from CLOVER/OEM/Z77X-UD5H/UEFI. The only kexts I have in my CLOVER/OEM/Z77X-UD5H/OEM/UEFI/KEXTS/10.8 are a modded View attachment AppleHDA.kext.zip for audio and the View attachment FakeSMC.kext.zip from
xpamamadeus's Google Drive folder with all of the plugins removed except the CPU & LPCSensors as I believe that ethernet is injected via Pjalm's DSDT patches. Any help with my sleep/wake and dualboot issues would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back