Contribute
Register

Clover Booting Guide: Z77X-UD5H- HD4000+GT640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone in this thread big time!

got my build done, read through the thread carefully, read other resources about recent clover changes, followed instructions, and now my system is perfect how I want it. Dual HDMI 24" lcd's from a gtx660 and hdmi audio working. that's what i was hoping to get, and i got it. you guys are brilliant!

Hi.

I have a problem with Clover GUI. It presents squares with stripes instead of volume icons and black text. I can select volume to boot from, but it's not nice. OSX boots fine.

Clover 1888, installed on USB drive, CSM in MB is Enabled, CSMefi driver enabled in clover options. My card is Nvidia Asus GT 520, monitor 2560x1440 connected via Dual DVI. Mobo's DVI is not Dual, so cannot use HD4000.

Is there a way to fix it, given a non-GOP bios video card?

Check your config.plist for choosen theme and check if u have installed theme specified in config.plist.
Check your nvram using "nvram -p" from terminal and see if u have same theme like in config and themes folder.

Type "sudo nvram -c" if theme in nvram its diferent from config and themes folder to clear this error.

Hello!

I'm trying to add my drivers on the USB stick with installer, in order to get rid of Multibeast.
But I encounter a big problem.

- My eth driver for the Intel controller is not seen as it should, my "About this mac/System report" show me en0 with no kext loaded, and during the install process, I can't configure iCloud or anything related to internet because it's not seen.
- Same problem for the Audio.

For ethernet, i've tryied to include IONetworkingFamily.kext patched into my /oem/uefi/kext/10.8, don't work. I've tryied only the AppleIntel1000e.kext, same thing.
For the audio i've included HDAenable1.kext and AppleHDA.kext, don't work :(
To make everything work, I jave to make an "offline install" and when I reach the desketop, launch multibeast and install eth+audio :(

My drivers are loaded because my FakeSMC is in this directory and it's loaded so I think the problem is related to those kexts, but I can't figure what...

Hello!

I'm trying to add my drivers on the USB stick with installer, in order to get rid of Multibeast.
But I encounter a big problem.

- My eth driver for the Intel controller is not seen as it should, my "About this mac/System report" show me en0 with no kext loaded, and during the install process, I can't configure iCloud or anything related to internet because it's not seen.
- Same problem for the Audio.

For ethernet, i've tryied to include IONetworkingFamily.kext patched into my /oem/uefi/kext/10.8, don't work. I've tryied only the AppleIntel1000e.kext, same thing.
For the audio i've included HDAenable1.kext and AppleHDA.kext, don't work :(
To make everything work, I jave to make an "offline install" and when I reach the desketop, launch multibeast and install eth+audio :(

My drivers are loaded because my FakeSMC is in this directory and it's loaded so I think the problem is related to those kexts, but I can't figure what...
Install all kext in S/L/E..
Clover kext injection its only for debugging and instalation process.:banghead:

Install all kext in S/L/E..
Clover kext injection its only for debugging and instalation process.:banghead:

Wow that kinda defeats the whole purpose of using Clover, I thought Clover was all about the live patching and injections. Why can you not use the kext folders under clover? Why are you telling people to use S/L/E ?

Wow that kinda defeats the whole purpose of using Clover, I thought Clover was all about the live patching and injections. Why can you not use the kext folders under clover? Why are you telling people to use S/L/E ?
U can use it if u wanna but its slower.
S/L/E its faster and better place for all kexts..
Some of kext cannot even be used from clover kext folder.
Patching with clover work only if kexts are in kernelcache soo we cannot patch everything but only whats already in cache.
Hope u understand why i always say to install in S/L/E now.
For me Clover its all about UEFI boot.
Some of samsung and toshiba laptops dont even have legacy boot soo Clover its only bootloader that can be used for OSX ,and i am sure that in the future all OEM-s will folow that.
Sry for my bad english.

Understood. I was using it for quite a while too but it got so bad I finally just gave up on it. Clover would work fine then they change something and kill it, you fix it to use the new settings then they change back, very frustrating. Also for OSX, you don't really benefit from a UEFI boot except maybe a few seconds less boot time that all, OSX doesn't really use UEFI graphics yet. The main reason I was even interested in Clover is so I could boot HDDs/SDDs pulled from real Macs to do some diagnostics etc. Wanted to put away my Mac Pros and start using my hacks full time. It worked as I wanted but the constant messing around the Clover team is doing is very unorganised so I am gonna wait till its more stable.

Understood. I was using it for quite a while too but it got so bad I finally just gave up on it. Clover would work fine then they change something and kill it, you fix it to use the new settings then they change back, very frustrating. Also for OSX, you don't really benefit from a UEFI boot except maybe a few seconds less boot time that all, OSX doesn't really use UEFI graphics yet. The main reason I was even interested in Clover is so I could boot HDDs/SDDs pulled from real Macs to do some diagnostics etc. Wanted to put away my Mac Pros and start using my hacks full time. It worked as I wanted but the constant messing around the Clover team is doing is very unorganised so I am gonna wait till its more stable.
Completly agree with all u say.
But only one diference that i never go legacy boot again.
Clover has future becouse legacy will disapear in years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back