Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P8Z77-v Pro/Thunderbolt
CPU
i5-3570k
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Carrying thread over from: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/clean-install-issue-snow-leopard.205440/#post-1355355
since I managed to get Sierra installed.

My UniBeast USB is booting with Clover version r3766. Forgive me if I'm doing something stupid trying to follow Going Bald's directions (and failing). Booting back into Mac OS X, my UniBeast mount just has an empty EFI folder. I don't fully understand how it boots since it is empty, but I'm sure I'm ignorant of something. Since I couldn't find a straight Clover installer for this version, I used MultiBeast to load a Clover EFI partition and copied the EFI directory to my Mac Partition removing the old EFI directory. Attempting to boot again failed without the UniBeast USB.

I've been trying to read through several more threads. I haven't come up with a solution to my clover auto-boot problem. Without the UniBeast install USB I always get a "Reboot and select proper boot device" error message. One thread I came across seemed to suggest a boot issue with using GPT on Asus motherboards. I don't know if that is related to my problem. I partitioned my drive as GPT instead of MBR which I used the last time around for my ML install. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I just tried using MB to reinstall using the Legacy bootloader instead of the UEFI. This worked! It also kicked in my graphics! Now I'm just having trouble with audio. I tried running the audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0.command but I get an error saying "Print: Entry, ":CFBundleShortVersionString", Does Not Exist
Error occurred, AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist/BundleShortVersionString not found"
I may have screwed something up with this kext previously, but it is in my S/L/E directory right now. Any suggestions?

I ended up repeating the install from scratch in case my other attempts to get things working actually messed something up. Using Legacy boot, I was able to get everything working well including audio and graphics. I'm not sure why I had to use Legacy boot since my motherboard has UEFI, but it works so I can't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back