Contribute
Register

Clover and Windows 7 Sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez :silent:! I was confined to the assumption that you knew my hardware/signature/this thread background. A mistake on my part to neglect that you are involved into multiple threads that I cannot even count.

To back to topic, yes I am using Clover(latest rev) to boot to Windows and Yes those multiple restarts/shutdowns were of indeed Windows via Clover.

To back to topic, yes I am using Clover(latest rev) to boot to Windows and Yes those multiple restarts/shutdowns were of indeed Windows via Clover.

So... Problem solved?

So... Problem solved?

It is an on going experiment in my humble opinion, still need to give it some time. As I mentioned in the very first post of this thread, there was problem with windows audio to which you suggested me to use ResetHDA.

ResetHDA worked for only few days then the problem arose again to which you suggested to look for windows solution i.e. install latest audio driver etc instead of looking into OS X solution i.e. EmuVariableDrv.

I reinstalled the audio driver and did multiple restarts/shutdowns of Windows via Clover and the audio seems to be fine so far. And I still have ResetHDA flag 'true' in my config plist.

Safe to ignore: (though I still do not believe the audio problem is related to windows driver issue but related to Clover bootloader).

It is an on going experiment in my humble opinion, still need to give it some time. As I mentioned in the very first post of this thread, there was problem with windows audio to which you suggested me to use ResetHDA.

ResetHDA worked for only few days then the problem arose again to which you suggested to look for windows solution i.e. install latest audio driver etc instead of looking into OS X solution i.e. EmuVariableDrv.

I reinstalled the audio driver and did multiple restarts/shutdowns of Windows via Clover and the audio seems to be fine so far. And I still have ResetHDA flag 'true' in my config plist.

Safe to ignore: (though I still do not believe the audio problem is related to windows driver issue but related to Clover bootloader).

Intermittent problems are difficult to nail down. They require a lot of data collection and many careful experiments that are each tested over long time periods.

Intermittent problems are difficult to nail down. They require a lot of data collection and many careful experiments that are each tested over long time periods.

I agree. There is always some trade offs you have to tolerate while building a hack and you can live with most of it. Nevertheless, probook's hacks are still much much more stable if I compare to old Snow Leopard days where you had to inject strings into kext and what not! I had spent months on building a working snow leopard just to work on iPhone apps lmfao.

Finally nailed it !! It may not be related to this forum however worth sharing if someone doubts Clover and this search comes up.

First of all, The problem was identified and easily reproduced after observing that this problem occurs only when the laptop boots without AC power so obviously I narrowed down the root cause to windows power saving feature. After experimenting with different options(actually there weren't many), I opened up SRS Premium Sound control panel for IDT and voila here was the culprit.

There was this stupid power saving feature enabled! I disabled it and rebooted the windows (without AC) multiple times and problem was gone. Even HP recommends it to disable this option (read: http://h20331.www2.hp.com/Hpsub/downloads/Z1_Audio_Features_WP_092412.pdf)

HP PDF said:
Advanced Settings

There is a Power Savings State, which allows the user to define a delay before the system turns off the audio analog power supply. This delay triggers once audio playback has ceased. The system recognizes when playback ends/begins and automatically turns audio power off/on accordingly. When Power Saving State is enabled, runtime beeps are disabled, but diagnostic beeps during boot are not affected. This audio Power Saving State has no effect on other OS or BIOS power savings states.

Even reading this I'm not sure its purpose lol. Anyhow, I would appreciate if any one can reproduce the problem and confirm.

Regards,

Attachments

• srspremiumsound.png
    srspremiumsound.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back