Motherboard
Probook 4540s
CPU
i7-3632QM
Graphics
HD 7650m
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It can sound very awkward and stupid however worth asking. Whenever I come from Yosemite to my windows 7, there is no sound! I have to disable the sound device from device manager and enable it to work. If I keep using windows 7 i.e. restart from win7 and boot to win7 it is fine. As soon as I run yosemite and come back to win7 the problem starts.

My win7 has been perfectly fine for about 1 year and never had such problem. I had chameleon Maverick installed previously and never had such problem. I have already investigated all win7 drivers/hp related problem but finally noticed that weird thing. Any insight you guys might have on this?

Regards,

It can sound very awkward and stupid however worth asking. Whenever I come from Yosemite to my windows 7, there is no sound! I have to disable the sound device from device manager and enable it to work. If I keep using windows 7 i.e. restart from win7 and boot to win7 it is fine. As soon as I run yosemite and come back to win7 the problem starts.

My win7 has been perfectly fine for about 1 year and never had such problem. I had chameleon Maverick installed previously and never had such problem. I have already investigated all win7 drivers/hp related problem but finally noticed that weird thing. Any insight you guys might have on this?

Regards,

Try: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Devices#Audio-/-ResetHDA

The problem seems to be occurring again! Since ResetHDA, last 2 3 restart was ok but I just opened up my system to windows after last night and there you go same problem. I restarted/shutdown 5 times to recheck (im booting to windows), only one time audio worked. Weird so weird.

It seems like keep using windows(restart and boot to windows) will cause the problem to reoccur. Booting to Yosemite and comes back to Windows triggers ResetHDA somehow. I'm guess putting Win7 to UEFI can eliminate this problem? Anyone?

It seems like keep using windows(restart and boot to windows) will cause the problem to reoccur.

So you see it when only running Windows... Sounds like it could be a Windows audio driver issue. Make sure you have the latest drivers installed.

So you see it when only running Windows... Sounds like it could be a Windows audio driver issue. Make sure you have the latest drivers installed.

I will definitely rule this out. Windows has been running smoothly for over a year (along with Maverick chameleon). I reverted all of the recent windows updates and did not install any new driver or even software for that matter.

I am going to continue experiment with cold/soft boot. However this is confirmed that it started when I started using Clover and ResetHDA made difference somehow. If you have any ideas, please do share.

This could be nothing however would like to share that when I restarted Yosemite after 10.10.1 update, there was this infamous error "boot device not found..3f0" clearly seems like the Bios failed to pick up EFI partition to boot from(assuming, i could be all wrong that Bios somehow tries to invoke Fast boot at times even though it is unchecked). However shutting down for about 2 3 seconds and starting made it work. Now I have prioritized the boot order to look for USB first to have 1 second leverage.

Regards,

I will definitely rule this out. Windows has been running smoothly for over a year (along with Maverick chameleon). I reverted all of the recent windows updates and did not install any new driver or even software for that matter.

Then I guess I don't understand what you meant by what you wrote in your previous post.

Perhaps you should clarify.

Install EmuVariableDrv may help.

Then I guess I don't understand what you meant by what you wrote in your previous post.

Perhaps you should clarify.

Sorry for confusion, what I meant was that if I keep using windows (not booting to Yosemite at all) for a few days i.e. boot to windows and shutdown the laptop and boot to windows again for work/personal and continue this cycle (again not booting to Yosemite at all), the audio problem seems to appear. Yesterday I did try to test this scenario again and when the audio problem occur, I restarted, boot to Yosemite and after few minutes I shutdown Yosemite and boot to windows, and voila no audio problem(it feels like ResetHDA triggers, but thats just my feeling)

I hope it clarifies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back