Contribute
Register

Clover and Windows 7 Sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for confusion, what I meant was that if I keep using windows (not booting to Yosemite at all) for a few days i.e. boot to windows and shutdown the laptop and boot to windows again for work/personal and continue this cycle (again not booting to Yosemite at all), the audio problem seems to appear. Yesterday I did try to test this scenario again and when the audio problem occur, I restarted, boot to Yosemite and after few minutes I shutdown Yosemite and boot to windows, and voila no audio problem(it feels like ResetHDA triggers, but thats just my feeling)

I hope it clarifies.

In light of your clarification, I stand by my suggestion that it could be a Windows driver problem. How you can rule that out when the only software involved is BIOS, Clover, and Windows... Is something that doesn't add up for me.

In light of your clarification, I stand by my suggestion that it could be a Windows driver problem. How you can rule that out when the only software involved is BIOS, Clover, and Windows... Is something that doesn't add up for me.

1. Did not update any driver lately.
2. Never had audio problem before Clover
3. ResetHDA made a difference, previously there was no audio whenever I boot to windows, specially when the last boot was Yosemite.

I agree with you in general that there could have been something installed without my knowledge or that I may be forgetting something and windows can be the culprit for all kind of weirdo problems, having said that I have already investigated driver / windows updates related issue prior to creating this topic. I will try re-installing audio drivers and experiment.

1. Did not update any driver lately.
2. Never had audio problem before Clover
3. ResetHDA made a difference, previously there was no audio whenever I boot to windows, specially when the last boot was Yosemite.

I agree with you in general that there could have been something installed without my knowledge or that I may be forgetting something and windows can be the culprit for all kind of weirdo problems, having said that I have already investigated driver / windows updates related issue prior to creating this topic. I will try re-installing audio drivers and experiment.

What I'm saying is that looking to an OS X solution where OS X is clearly not involved, is a mistake.

Although Clover could be doing something, it is unlikely, other than ResetHDA, it doesn't do anything with audio. For the most part, Windows is responsible for initializing the audio device correctly. Checking that you have the latest IDT drivers installed seems worth a look. A focus on OS X seems misplaced.

Perhaps another big difference here is the changing of BIOS versions or BIOS settings (as you were not likely booting Win7 UEFI previously, therefore did not have UEFI enabled in BIOS).

What I'm saying is that looking to an OS X solution where OS X is clearly not involved, is a mistake.

Although Clover could be doing something, it is unlikely, other than ResetHDA, it doesn't do anything with audio. For the most part, Windows is responsible for initializing the audio device correctly. Checking that you have the latest IDT drivers installed seems worth a look. A focus on OS X seems misplaced.

Yeah I am suspecting clover. Have re-installed IDT driver, it was latest, HP did not throw update since 2013. So far with multiple restarts/shutdowns, the audio seems to be fine.

Perhaps another big difference here is the changing of BIOS versions or BIOS settings (as you were not likely booting Win7 UEFI previously, therefore did not have UEFI enabled in BIOS).

I am still not booting win7 UEFI. I still yet to move my win7 to UEFI (or may be not)

Yeah I am suspecting clover. Have re-installed IDT driver, it was latest, HP did not throw update since 2013. So far with multiple restarts/shutdowns, the audio seems to be fine.

Using Clover?

I am still not booting win7 UEFI. I still yet to move my win7 to UEFI (or may be not)

But you have UEFI enabled, which brings BIOS through a different code path than if it was disabled.

Using Clover?
Windows? No, Yosemite though. It'd be interesting to experiment by exiting the Clover bootloader and boot to windows.

But you have UEFI enabled, which brings BIOS through a different code path than if it was disabled.

I see. I don't know why I feel that F.50a is not as stable as F.43 was.

Regards,

Windows? No, Yosemite though. It'd be interesting to experiment by exiting the Clover bootloader and boot to windows.

You're not booting Windows via Clover?

Yes I am booting windows through Clover legacy entry. Sorry, I thought you were asking if I converted Win7 to UEFI.

Yes I am booting windows through Clover legacy entry. Sorry, I thought you were asking if I converted Win7 to UEFI.

I was asking if you were booting Windows via Clover, which you kind of implied here:

You said:
Have re-installed IDT driver, it was latest, HP did not throw update since 2013. So far with multiple restarts/shutdowns, the audio seems to be fine

I assumed "multiple restarts/shutdowns" actually meant "multiple Windows restarts/shutdowns via Clover" and so I asked for clarification with:

Me said:
Using Clover?

And probably should have clarified whether that was multiple restarts/shutdowns of Windows, because now I'm unclear on that too...

To which you responded..
You said:
Windows? No, Yosemite though.

Implying that you were not using Clover to boot Windows and instead were booting it some other way.

To which I asked for clarification (because using Clover, but not using it to boot Windows is a little strange)...

Me said:
You're not booting Windows via Clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back