Graphics
GTX 780 3GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I read the guide to install Yosemite about 5 times, but after about the 5th reinstall attempt of my flash drive, I accidentally selected my iMac' s Macintosh HD drive as the installation media...
I recall something from the old Mavericks guide about that being a pretty bad thing.

Soooooo.....
Can anyone give me an idea of how to uninstall Clover on my imac? or is it even necessary?
I have not rebooted since the accidental install, so I hope thats an advantage.

Peace.

if you installed it EFI

go to terminal

diskutil list

mount the efi partition

open it in finder

move everything to trash

close finder

back to terminal

unmount the partition.

if you installed clover by defaults

trash the clover folder

if you do not see its folder
set Finder preferences and select to show hard disks in the sidebar menu ;-)

you should see then a folder named clover

drag this to trash

done

Thanks much for the reply derpuma. I have a few more questions on the steps you listed. For one, I see 2 EFI partitions on the diskutil list command, which would that be because I'm using a fusion drive?

Also, when I look into either EFI partition, all I see is EFI/APPLE/EXTENSIONS/Firmware.scap
Which EFI partition should I be looking at? And with that being the only contents on the partition that I can see, would it still be a good idea to delete the contents?

Thanks.

If you have installed clover, you should see at least some files named

boot0af
boot0ss
boot1h

in one of your EFI Partitions.

If you do not have any of this, no clover EFI boot loader is installed...

May you installed it by default?! then there should be a clover folder and boot files in your root directory of you iMac HDD

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2014-10-31 um 00.25.46.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2014-10-31 um 00.25.46.png
    187.2 KB · Views: 1,689
OH! Excellent yes, they were right in my root. Phew. That could've been deadly. Thanks again man.

hey, i accidentally did the same thing.... twice. I have been following your little tutorial.
I went to the EFI partition, and deleted the clover folder. (i think there was one, i can remember 100%, but i backed up everything i deleted.)
I went to Machintosh HD, and deleted the cover folder form there too (also backed it up)
What should the EFI partition contain, and what does it do? I'm pretty sure it helps the mac boot right? I havent shut down my mac yet, so i'm a little worried
Any other things i should do or be worried about!
Thanks in advance, and a quick reply who'll greatly be appreciated!

Thank you so much derpuma, you saved my day since I made the exact same foolish mistake!
Than you, thank you!

Anybody knows when does the Firmware.scap file gets created and what's it's use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back