Graphics
GTX 1050 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone.

While trying to get a portable touch monitor to work, I ran into some issues that have led me to try and fix my USB and power, however I've run into some issues and was hoping for some help on cleaning this up.

First, just in case anyone may have insight, my problem with the monitor is as follows. It has an HDMI connection, which is where the signal is coming from, along with two USB-C ports, one for power, one for the touch interface. One is connected with USB-C to USB-A to what should be a USB3 port. Thing is, any time I pump the brightness, UPDD (the multitouch driver for OSX) loses and regains connection constantly. If I'm in Cubase, a dark interface, and swipe over to Safari on Facebook, I lose touch. It's like as soon as there's substantial white on the screen, the touch connection is flaky.

I've tried injecting a custom SSDT. When using the port limit patch, USBInjectAll and the XHCI Series 200 injector (the unsupported version doesn't seem to be working right, probably more cleanup), I see all the ports, as expected, HS and SS. I have checked my SSDT against RehabMan's examples and all, it all seems to be correct. However, upon removing the port limit patch, only the HS ports get injected. No matter what I connect, nothing is detected on the SS ports (the screen apparently requires a USB 3.0 interface for touch to work properly, so with the cable, it should be sent to an SS port and be given the appropriate power, I'd suppose?) when the port limit patch is active.

Secondly, when my iPad is connected, I get Current Available 500mAh, same for current in use, along with 1200 extra. Before I got into all this, my iPad would show "Not Charging" when connected to my computer, I had never thought anything of it, it dawned on me that I wasn't getting proper power. Currently, it seems to charge properly, just wanted to double check that these are the values I should be getting.

I've seen people with builds using my MoBo saying that even USB-C is working. It isn't for me, along with proper USB3.0 and 3.1, which some claim to be working. If that is possible, I'd very much like to fix my stuff up in order to get that.

IN SHORT
I'm having some issues with fixing my USB properly. I've tried a number of methods, none of which seem to work as intended. I've posted the Clover portion of my EFI in the hopes someone can aid me with getting the SS ports working and with proper USB power and all.

One detail on the SSDT, there are two SS ports that I didn't activate because the USB3.0 header on my MoBo has a broken pin. The front USB, while they are USB3.0, are connected using an adapter to the USB2.0 header.

Also, the HS08 is active as I have replaced the WiFi/BT module for a native one.

MacOS version: 10.13.2

Thank you for any insight you may be able to provide on how to fix my build.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 56
Hello everyone.

While trying to get a portable touch monitor to work, I ran into some issues that have led me to try and fix my USB and power, however I've run into some issues and was hoping for some help on cleaning this up.

First, just in case anyone may have insight, my problem with the monitor is as follows. It has an HDMI connection, which is where the signal is coming from, along with two USB-C ports, one for power, one for the touch interface. One is connected with USB-C to USB-A to what should be a USB3 port. Thing is, any time I pump the brightness, UPDD (the multitouch driver for OSX) loses and regains connection constantly. If I'm in Cubase, a dark interface, and swipe over to Safari on Facebook, I lose touch. It's like as soon as there's substantial white on the screen, the touch connection is flaky.

I've tried injecting a custom SSDT. When using the port limit patch, USBInjectAll and the XHCI Series 200 injector (the unsupported version doesn't seem to be working right, probably more cleanup), I see all the ports, as expected, HS and SS. I have checked my SSDT against RehabMan's examples and all, it all seems to be correct. However, upon removing the port limit patch, only the HS ports get injected. No matter what I connect, nothing is detected on the SS ports (the screen apparently requires a USB 3.0 interface for touch to work properly, so with the cable, it should be sent to an SS port and be given the appropriate power, I'd suppose?) when the port limit patch is active.

Secondly, when my iPad is connected, I get Current Available 500mAh, same for current in use, along with 1200 extra. Before I got into all this, my iPad would show "Not Charging" when connected to my computer, I had never thought anything of it, it dawned on me that I wasn't getting proper power. Currently, it seems to charge properly, just wanted to double check that these are the values I should be getting.

I've seen people with builds using my MoBo saying that even USB-C is working. It isn't for me, along with proper USB3.0 and 3.1, which some claim to be working. If that is possible, I'd very much like to fix my stuff up in order to get that.

IN SHORT
I'm having some issues with fixing my USB properly. I've tried a number of methods, none of which seem to work as intended. I've posted the Clover portion of my EFI in the hopes someone can aid me with getting the SS ports working and with proper USB power and all.

One detail on the SSDT, there are two SS ports that I didn't activate because the USB3.0 header on my MoBo has a broken pin. The front USB, while they are USB3.0, are connected using an adapter to the USB2.0 header.

Also, the HS08 is active as I have replaced the WiFi/BT module for a native one.

MacOS version: 10.13.2

Thank you for any insight you may be able to provide on how to fix my build.
once you have setup your usb ports, you will need to remove the port limit patch in config.plist

I have, when I do, the HS ports are the only ones showing, the SS ports vanish, even though they are in th SSDT. I re-enabled the patch to confirm their addresses.

Just found out that, if the USB-C port works, it doesn’t power my monitor, even in Windows, so I’m not sure it works. Getting USB3 speeds on the other ports would still be nice though.

I have, when I do, the HS ports are the only ones showing, the SS ports vanish, even though they are in th SSDT. I re-enabled the patch to confirm their addresses.

Just found out that, if the USB-C port works, it doesn’t power my monitor, even in Windows, so I’m not sure it works. Getting USB3 speeds on the other ports would still be nice though.
suggest to use Hackintool as it has a gui where you can plug/unplug devices as they go green, and then delete the ones that are not appropriate

boot without your .aml file you created

boot with port limit patch and USBinjectAll.kext

and try it out

The problem is in your SSDT_USB.aml

You have a "port-count" of "0x0B" when it should be "0x16".

:)

Huh. Working now, I had tried Hackintool but guess I either mixed up my files or didn’t do something correctly. USB Kext loaded, removed both injectors, everything shows up fine. IPad still charging fine (stopped last time I used Hackintool).

Ah, thats odd, I was sure I had changed that. Is it supposed to be 16 at all times?

On the flip side, didn’t help with the monitor.
Thank you both for your time, in any case!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back