Contribute
Register

Clean Install on Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, i have to use Graphicsenabler=Yes and PCIRootUID=1 maxmem=8192

I´m on F12 bios. Everything is work, just can not use all the memory.....

Now that i have a Hard Drive with system that is booting, i make a copy of HD and going to play around with it....

maybe it has something to do with profile, using macmini 5,1?

I recommend to upgrade the BIOS to U1I UEFI - you can download it from the Gigabyte web site. That will address most of the incompatibilities with OS X and your life is going to be easier.

I am trying to do a clean install on my PC using the guide for Yosemite.

I flashed the BIOS to UEFI, changed the IDE mode to AHCI and tried to do an installation. Installation goes perfectly, without a hiccup, I load the installed OS, and I start going trough the initial setup steps. And then after a minute or so I get a kernel panic.
If I try to restart and try again it occurs again, sometimes on boot itself, sometimes on the setup, sometimes, if I hurry trough the setup, on the actual desktop.

The kernel panic says this: "TLB invalidation IPI timeout: CPU(s) failed to respond to interrupts, unresponsive CPU bitmap"

What should I do, I tried almost all bootflags, no luck.

How much memory do you guys have, i have 16GB that working perfectly in mavericks, but can not boot unless i use Try maxmem=8192.. in Yosemite, it working very good now but would like to use all the memory

I'm running 16 GB on 4 sticks with no issues.

Hi guys,

Installation was breezy after upgrading to UEFI and a boot0 issue

I'm just wondering about Geekbench scores? Mine seems unusually low at around ~5000 with an i7 2600k http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/1063387

What kind of scores are you getting?

i guys,

my hack working perfectly with UEFI Bios a multi beast DSDT FREE.

i've only one issue (i've installed alc889) when , after several minutes of inactivity, return from sleep and I make the login , my audio does not work.

To make it work I have to put it to sleep and come back quickly.

can anyone help me?

For the rest of my setup is running at 100 % , if you like I can post the configuration of Multibeast

Best Regards

Guys,

USB3 is running just fine on this board. In fact, everything installed without a hitch and is 100% stable. To get usb3 running, go to S/L/E and delete IOUSBFamily.kext and install the version I've attached to this message. Reboot and enjoy. Audio working, usb3 working and everything else is working out of the box. Messages also works fine if you are booting using clover.

The usb3 trick involves replacing the GenericUSBXHCI kext inside the plugins folder of IOUSBFamily with version 705.4.4.

Reboot, shutdown all working as well. I can't find anything that doesn't work to be totally honest.

I should add, I'm also on I1L UEFI if that makes any difference. Been using it since it came out with Mavericks too.

You have a guide to install Clover to this board? I am having a bugger of a time getting it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back